Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Menu troubles with BlueGUI

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2006 21:31
Okay, I'm still learning how to work with BlueGUI since I bought it last week. I'm just trying to make a simple framework for my program with the basic "File", "Edit", "View", etc on a menu. So I take a look at the example programs to tinker with the code and see how it works. The "Menus Example" program runs great! However, the "Paddy" program has a little problem... the toolbar works great, but the menu items don't at all. I've isolated the problem and it seems to be this line of code:

main=createGadgetFromWindow(mainWindow())

Now, I understand what's going on. It's easier to work with a gadget than with the main window itself. But what I don't understand is why it's affecting the menu items so that they don't work. To me, it seems like MENU_CLICK never comes back as an eventType() return variable, even though it drops the menu when I click on "File".

If this was my own code I'd pore through it and fix my problems elsewhere, but this is from the EXAMPLE that comes with BlueGUI. Can somebody suggest a solution to this? If I can't even get the examples to run correctly, I won't be able to make the program I need. Thank you!
Alquerian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2006 23:13
You may need to try to change your MENU_CLICK in your blue gui file to this:

or if it is already that, you might need to try to change it to this:

It is just a matter of different versions of Blue GUI. Give it a shot and lemme know if it works.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Zodiac 9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2006 06:03
Well, in my gui.dba it had this line commented out:

And it was using this as the current value:

Supposedly I'm using the newest version, but if it works, then it works, right? I appreciate the help, Alquerian. Changing the value worked like a charm!
griffirr
Years of Service
User Offline
Make sure to try version 2.054 released 11/04/2006. As far as I know the release wasn't announced here.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-23 04:04:57
Your offset time is: 2024-06-23 04:04:57