Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Documentation Complain

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I had DBPro for long time and never used it. I became happy few weeks ago knowing that DGDK gives us C++ coding and IDE. I just began coding a game last week, and I found myself in bizarre situation. In order to read good info about how to code, I have to go to DBPro documents (not almost useless DGDK documents), or to demo codes. Generally, I add "db" and remove spaces and capitalize DBPro APIs to code, and it works!!

BUT, going thought the demo codes is torture, since you have to read lots of codes and the context in which the code is written to find what you want. The life saving one is DBPro documents. Unfortunately that is now torture too, since 90% of the "view show case examples" and "view usage example" are buggy and won't compile.

I feel being suppressed, , not by The Game Creator, but the whole industry. One of these days a messenger will come to save us all, or we all rookie independent developers will go to dark age.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 06:54:06
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 06:54:06