Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Just a suggestion about DGDK C++ & DGDK.NET forum

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
If DGDK.net is the same as DGDK, then it should be free for DGDK C++ users. If not, it is better to have its own forum.
Just a suggestion.
Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If DGDK.net is the same as DGDK, then it should be free for DGDK C++ users. If not, it is better to have its own forum. "

I tried making that point to Richard Davey but I guess I didn't get through. At the very least, I think we should be entitled to a much greater discount than DBPro owners...

I have vague plans for World Domination
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 13:56
Well since APEX actually made the .net mod. I would think they would give it to GDK c++ users at the cost of what Paul would have gotten from it. And let TGC be made their money from the original c++ version purchase. However it has been stated that Rich is on/going on vacation and it will be at least a week before they even talk about it. So no need to start an uproar when there isn't anyone here that can do anything about it ATM.

Mudbug
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 14:05
I agree! I just purchased the GDK.Net. Although I didn't *expect* to get the c++ version, it is reasonable for it to be included. I was at least *hoping* that it was. I may consider purchasing it IF I were to get a substantial discount.

-MudBug
tindex
Years of Service
User Offline
My suggestion was about the forum. DGDK C++ and DGDK.NET can’t be mixed together. They are not the same. This means I don’t expect .NET version to be free. I just wanted to emphasis my point by using the word “free”. Also, I don’t have any plan to buy or to use .NET version, with or without discount. But with a 70% discount, I might become shaky just to have it around in case! "My" price elasticity is a lot!
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 16:05
Contact rick@thegamecreators.com as far as anything that has to do with TGC pricing. Since Rich is gone for the week it appears.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)
Hypno Screen
Years of Service
User Offline
I also think we DGDK.NET owners should get our own forum section, since we are too cool to hang out with all those C++ guys

P.S.: Don't take this as a flamewar start please

http://www.bitshade.org
Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
ehehe... actually, I believe that since both products are so closely linked and that bugs and problems on one will 95% of the time apply to the other, we should all stay in one place.

Other than having two entries in the forums main page which will increase awareness, I believe that splitting things would be a disservice...

I have vague plans for World Domination
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 21:25
Personally, I'd also feel comfortable if it was kept here... less mouse clicks and therefore battery lasts longer LOL

Paul.

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 21:36
yep, agreed, as long as everyone distinguishes their posts properly in the thread titles! (ie. dgdk vs dgdk.net)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 06:01:54
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 06:01:54