Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Just got my .NET Game SDK and would like TGC team to read this.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi TGC team,

I just got Dark Game SDK .NET and after playing around with it for a little bit decided to do this post. I’ve been using Dark Game SDK for C++ only plus I’ve been with you guys since first DarkBasic came out. I’ve been programming .NET since pre Alpha versions when there was nothing but few pages of documentation and command line compilers and notepad was the IDE. Out of all existing languages I love C# the most. Since DB Pro came out I loved it because it was easy to use and very powerful. I also currently own and use these engines TrueVision 3D, Torque, Cipher, and few others. Anyway to my point… I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU GUYS FINALLY DESIDED TO GO WITH .NET!!!! HOLY MOTHER OF ALL THIS IS THE BEST FRIGGIN DECISION YOU’VE MADE! I can combine my favorite language now with one of my favorite engines because both seemed to be made for each other!!! Since you’ve decided to distribute it as a COM library I bet now anyone can use it from any COM aware language. This is the biggest plus I mean if this is one of the possibilities imagine how many more like me will actually join in!!! That’s what most of people like me been waiting for easy engine that we can use in out favorite IDEs and with out favorite languages!!! I also would like to say thanks for some of the functionality that you guys managed to plug in to this that Dark Game SDK didn’t really had and only “simulations” were possible. Now it’s more complete and like I said this is what I and many like myself been waiting for!!! Hope to see a good support for this product on my part I’ll let anyone around me know that this exist and perhaps we’ll be using it in the office where I work.

One thing that I didn’t like is it was a COM library and not pure .NET code. It’s a plus and minus at the same time. A lot more people can use it now but from personal experience COM was always pain in the behind! Personally I moved away from it back in 2003. Guys just think if you make pure .NET and ever decide to port it to OpenGL not only windows users will be able to use it but also unix/linux guys too because you can compile and distribute it with MONO… This is just a thought for the future if you ever decide to “swing” that way…

In any case I love it!!! I just had it for a few days now but it really demonstrated in just a few hours how cool it is and what a friggin joy it is to use it in a pro IDE like Visual Studio .NET with intellicense and great debugger and all those really neat “toys” that I use every day with this engine…

You got my vote on this one; so congrads and I hope you’ll stick with this and have a great support for this product (unlike DarkSDK). I’m impressed with your decision and what you’ve done… Congrads and thanks!
Hypno Screen
Years of Service
User Offline
/signed

I hope this will not be considered SPAM

http://www.hypnoscreen.com
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 21:46
DJScaN, I'm glad you approve of the new toolkit . Nice one!!

Paul.

DJScaN
Years of Service
User Offline
No problems just jaying as it is... The only thing is what took you guys so long LOL...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 05:04:59
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 05:04:59