Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Going BACK levels?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was wondering, instead of just going on to the next level, is there a way to use a winzone to BACK a level?

"Hey god, what's the meaning of life?" I asked...
"62" he said...
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 06:26
Why would you wanna do that?

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 06:31
Only if you put the previous level after the level you just left.
So it would be like...level 1,level 2,level 1 again.

AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 06:33
Yea you should read the manual

Cheers!

Burianu
Years of Service
User Offline
The reason I would want it is because Maybe I could make a free roam game, where you travel places and do whateva you want. Maybe with time...

"Hey god, what's the meaning of life?" I asked...
"62" he said...
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2006 05:53
the problem would be the player start marker. you would end up at the begining of the level again.

"If it weren't for monsoor here, this town wouldn't be here, and that kid would never grow up to lie about texas!"
DJ Professor K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2006 12:32
Perhaps i'm totally confused and/or i didn't check the updates regarding this matter, but:

Last time i check (1year ago or something), there wasn't an option to have free level selection, since when you (player) reaches a win zone or wins all objectives, it will automatically load the next level (wich is set in the build game window).

In other words, FPSC couldn't run like Postal2 or other like games, wich have several "level transports" in certain areas of each map.

I wanted to have free roaming when i got FPSC, in an horror game i wanted to make, but without free roam, my story wouldn't be much fun and repeasting level after level would seriously become boring to the player, so i gave up on it, and i'm now working on a action packet game. But since i gave up on the matter, i never checked it again, so, right now, there might be a way to have free roam (in other words: free level selection).

Dun forget to correct me if i'm rong...

My love is seperated in 2 parts, 1 of them is 3ds Max 7, the other; FPSC.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2006 11:37
No, there's still no free level choosing. There has been talk about it that it was possible, CellBlock Studios claimed he knew how to do it, but he never put any substance to the claim.

Some others came up with the idea to change the levels through an external application, but in the end no one succeeded.

You're still stuck with the good old one level after another system.

But having said this, I wouldn't be suprised that we can have free level choosing in the near future. There is save/load now, so the next step would be free level choosing.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2006 09:33
Who is this Cellbloc?

If you can control the Save Load via script (from what I glanced at it looks like the save load script creates a menu and asks for a number? And, well, need to see it again...), and I think you can (65% certain here), then you should be to create a script to save your current and load your previous. Problem is transphering between the two... unless you want to 'restart' your level again.

The only issue here is that you will have to 'destroy' the save script and have the player save at each levels 'win zone'. Not to mention unique scripts per level.

Your mod was deleted by the government.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_pic.php?i=811392
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2006 10:06
You simply can't.....

Quote: "Who is this Cellbloc?"

Trying to clear you concience?

GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2006 10:22 Edited at: 11th Nov 2006 10:23
Yeah, Ben A, I am gonna have to charge you with treason against the FPSC Community.

You never say never unless those who have tried concur.
Hmm..
You never say never to people or ever for as long as the earth exists.
If you told the pauper never would he ever become a rich millionair he is?
Do you think he would ever, with his shrewed bissness, ever have changed the world as it is?
If you told the people never, that war would never ever come to an end.
Do you think that they would ever, have fought forever at normandy till end?
So never say never, to people or ever, for as long as the earth exists.
Because the word never will never create an endevor to feat that others claim could never occur.

If you didn't catch that I was mocking you (I mean, you DID make an incessant rant about that) then you are the weakest link... good bye.

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2006 22:32
Quote: "good bye"

Hope so..... Anyway.... saving & loading is done without scripting, it's controlled in a different way. There are more features in FPSC that can't be controlled through scripting, unfortunally.

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2006 06:16 Edited at: 14th Nov 2006 06:17
I am half certain that there was a load script which lead to the discovery of the scancodekeypressed. Need to search...

Ohh... crap. I ment to sign out of this after finishing 'updating' that thread.

Wisemen are hard to find, they are tarnished by sayings and quotes that are not of their true nature.
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2006 06:37 Edited at: 14th Nov 2006 06:38
:state=1,scancodekeypressed=64:hudshow=savingprompt,quicksavegame,pausegame,state=21
:state=1,scancodekeypressed=67:quickloadgame,state=31

okay, I was right, and wrong... I originally thought there was a 'selection' but after reviewing the FPI, it appears that there is only a single file. Curse you lee... otherwise, it would be pretty easy, saving could be removed with the removal of these lines and invoked only at select triggerzones.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 19:22:38
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 19:22:38