Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DGDK.NET v1.0.6.0 changes

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 16:39 Edited at: 5th Nov 2006 16:40
Clearly the release of the DGDK.NET has had a couple of teething problems and I have made necessary changes to fix these problems:

1. The installer now contains the necessary prerequisite files that caused a problem on some machines, and I have also modified the DGDKSetup.exe installer for end users, to also manage these prerequisite runtime files.

2. I've added two new options to the DGDKSetup.exe file which is also documented in the help files. These options control whether prereq files are installed or not. And also contains an uninstall option.

3. DGDKSetup now does a proper check of the version on a system. So that if people have a more recent version, it will not be swiped.

4. if an application fails authentication, an Access denied exception is thrown.

5. Fixed a few problems noted in the help file.

Since Rich is currently on holiday, the updates will not be uploaded until his return.

I've also a question for people in general. Although DGDK.NET is fully compatable with .NET 1.1, I am having to compile two separate DGDKPlugins files, one for 1.1 and one for 2.0. Now since all express versions use 2.0, even SharpDevelop, I am very much thinking of removing the 1.1 files. Again, this will effect Visual Studio 2003 users if they are writing plugins ONLY, and not applications. This is in no way an issue, but just wanted some feedback. A majority of users are going to be using the express versions or Visual Studio 2005 anyway.

Anyway, as for the functionality itself, I myself will be waiting on the updates to DGDK itself before they can be rolled into DGDK.NET.

I'd also just like to take this opportunity to say thankyou to all of you who have taken the opportunity to purchase DGDK.NET and that I hope it brings you endless hours of coding fun. Thanks also goes to TGC for allowing me to do this, their support and help in bringing the product to frution. And a special thanks goes to the Beta testers, and CattleRustler for giving me the idea to do this in the first place. Thanks

Paul.

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 19:42
is the check in the mail yet?

j/k
great work Paul, as always.

I am finally coding a game as we speak.

Hypno Screen
Years of Service
User Offline
DKDG.NET is superb, it's easy to use, powerful and brings fun to game coding with VB.Net. I am also coding a game as we speak, using DGDK.NET

http://www.hypnoscreen.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 06:25:15
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 06:25:15