Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Model Pack 5. A heads up

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2006 10:55
Hey peeps.

First off I'd like to congratualte Jon on some outstanding modelling and animation! It's really amazing work.

Just a few things for people to be aware of.

If you install model pack 5 straight to your FPSC folder it will over write your FPSCgame.exe and a bunch of your language bank files with the new 1.3Beta. This is INCREDIBLY annoying. Fortunately I installed to a separate folder and copied oNLY the files I wanted over. It would be nice if TGC told users that the model pack would do this, as peopl who don't want to install a BEta, or those who are using Empty's mod are gonna get screwed over again.

Secondly, the gunspecs seem to be a little bit out, with some of the muzzle flashes not lined up with the ends of the guns, not really a problem as you can easily edit it yourself, but this is kind of a warning for younger/less experienced users that if you want the guns to look perfect you're going to have to edit the gunspec.txt a little bit.

Basically I thought it was a great pack, but thought people should be aware of the fact that the installer does more than install the model pack.

peace.

butters

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2006 11:11
the muzzleflash positions were estimated from max itself, the co-ordinates of the firespot to be precise, which i placed at the end of the gun.

i'll have to have a look at this, though they looked fine to me.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2006 20:16
main culprits were the P90 and the MP5. Jon, please don't be offended by these comments, I think you are a sterling modeller, I have no qualms with the model work it's self, my issue was only with the gunspecs. Personaly, I would have preferred larger muzzle flashes too, but obviously this is just a case of preference.

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2006 21:32
i wouldn't be offended, you guys are paying for it after all, its not like i can turn around and say "do it yourself!"

but thanks for notifying me, when i have the time I'll check this again and hopefully get some accurate co-ordinates

bob momento
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah butter i had the same problem and had to system restore, also i found that in a level you can't have a Model Pack 5 Weapon and a Character Enity in the same level with out a old weapon not from model pack 5

"Sharp like blades"
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2006 21:21
Well, i liked the guns, too bad that the RC3 has buggered up my FPS creator so i cant even run the program..

Lewis From OsborneCreations.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 19:22:31
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 19:22:31