Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2006 22:10
This is really bugging me now

How the hell do you get a sound zone to play music only when (and from then on) the player steps into the zone?

Here's a test zone I created:

What do I put in the script? Whatever I put, either the music doesn't play at all or it starts as soon as the game starts.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Nickydude
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2006 22:40
well, you could eaither make soundloopinzone, and make the sound zone really freaking huge. or you can put a trigger zone instaed of a sound zone. make the trigger zone activate a entity outside of the level. make sure that the entiy has a 'no' under spawn at start. then put its main script has repeatsound. then go to its sound0, and put that as the sound you want to play. I had the sme problem.

-Image Removed (It was too wide)-
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2006 23:20
Thanks snall [please take a look at this thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=92772&b=21

What do you mean "activate a entity outside of the level"? Could you guide me? Sorry for being such a newbie

Best Regards,
Nickydude
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2006 00:24
Thanks snall [please take a look at this thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=92772&b=21]

What do you mean \"activate a entity outside of the level\"? Could you guide me? Sorry for being such a newbie

Best Regards,
Nickydude
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2006 02:27
*sigh* Ok, but first, you have to promise never to call yourself a 'newbie'. you are 'a beggner' not a newbie,noob,or newb. just a pet peve of mine.

1) make 2 rooms, with a door connecting them.
2) put the player start zrrow in room 1.
3) put a trigger zone is room 2,infront of the door
4) go to the entibank in fpsc and pull out the blue generator thing.
5) place the generator outside of the 2 rooms.
6) under the generator settings, set the 'spawn at start' to no, and at the very bottam, 'sound0' to whatever you want your music to be.
7) in the trigger zone's settings, change the 'ifused' feild to the name of the generator.
8) Under the trigger zones main script, select plrinzoneactivateused.fpi
9) test the game and see what happens.

This should work, I used the method for my level contest entry. you will notice that i picked the generator as the entity to use because of its main script, witch is repeatsound.fpi it doesnt have to be that entity, aslong the main fpi is repeatsound.fpi

"these shoes are 300 hundred dollars"-Shoes by Kelly http://smallgroup.be/
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2006 09:07
Thanks again. Sorry about the newbie thing, i'll never mention that word again

Best Regards,
Nickydude
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2006 09:31
Is it possible to have an irregular shaped zone with 1 sound zone trigger? I mean like an 'L' shape or a cross or would you need more sound zones? If you need more and you wanted music to loop while the player is in the zone, would the music start from the beginning if the different zones were crossed into?

I'd like music to be played in the corridors but not in the rooms.

Best Regards,
Nickydude
Mr Clark
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 02:28
Hi, I just used a trigger zone, but put the sound in there, and it works. Does that sound right?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 02:34 Edited at: 13th Nov 2006 02:35
@Nickydude
Just hold the shift key and drag the zone where you want like you were putting down a floor. Any shape will do, and it will all be the same zone.

@Mr Clark
Yes, that sound right. A trigger zone can play sounds as well.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 13:34 Edited at: 13th Nov 2006 13:34
@xplosys
How? All I can draw is rectangles, how can you make any shape? How would I make only the yellow area into a single sound zone?

FPSC Hint's and Tips Guide (pdf)
Best Regards,
Nickydude
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 14:55
Sorry, your right. You can drag it around but it does try to square itself off.

Best.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 19:25:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 19:25:19