Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / GDK.Net Install Error HELP!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 05:05 Edited at: 8th Nov 2006 05:14
I just purchased the .net GDK. I was so excited to see this released. So I dashed home once the download was approved and downloaded it. When I went to install it, it went most of the way through the install and then threw up an error message that read:

C:WINDOWSsystem32DGDK.DLL

Unable to register the DLL/OCX: LoadLibrary failed; code 14001.
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to proceed anyway (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation.

Anybody have a clue what the heck is going on? Please help me figure this out and get it installed so I can play!!!

EDIT:

Never mind I see there's already another thread regarding this very issue. Sorry!

Intel Pentium 4, 3.4GHz, 1280MB RAM, NVidia Quadro FX3000/256MB, 240GB HD, XP Pro
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 08:48
Gah!! I know about this problem and I have fixed it, but Rich is on holiday and cannot upload the new version until he's back. But as a work around, can you download the VCRedist_x86.exe, install it and then install the DGDK.NET toolkit. This should resolve your problem.

As said, a new update of the toolkit will be available upon Richard's return.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=32bc1bee-a3f9-4c13-9c99-220b62a191ee&DisplayLang=en

Paul.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 07:25:03
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 07:25:03