Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Can you use EZRotate(DGDK) with DGDK.NET

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 09:49
Can you use Wolf's EZrotate with DGDK.net, the version written for the c++ DGDK ?

IanHFar
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 10:31
Not at the moment, but if wolf is willing to give me the source code, I can probably convert it for him.

Paul.

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 20:54
apex I removed the old sticky that asks about what people think about a dgdk .net - since its here

I did sticky the post you made regarding people asking over and over about plugins and dgdk.net.

Hopefully this will stop the redundant questions.

cheers

Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 21:13
Quote: "...but if wolf is willing to give me the source code, I can probably convert it for him."

I can look at converting it myself at some point. If you want to give me some instructions about what is needed, I can try to make some time to do it.

EZrotate! TextureMax! Enhanced Animations! (coming soon....) 3D Character Maker! (coming soon....)
Dangerous Dan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 22:00
@Wolf - Puleeez do what you can to make this happen. With such a usefull plugin for myself and others, I would hate to not be able to use it in the future with the .net dev kit.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 22:09 Edited at: 8th Nov 2006 22:12
CR, thanks

WOLF, basically, most of C++ code doesn't need to be modified unless your dealing with returning strings or are passing strings into a plugin.

To create a plugin, you need to create a C++ CLR Class Library project. Your project must reference the Redist/Plugins/.NET version/DGDKPlugins.dll file located with the DGDK.NET installation. This will allow your main plugin class to inherit CDGDKPlugin, so for example, my CSM Importer plugin class looks like this:

All of the C++ code itself is located in a separate file where I can use the #pragma managed and #pragma unmanaged macros to determine whether parts of the C++ code are handled as unmanaged code or vice versa.

All functions that handle strings, must be dealt with in the correct way, and I should direct you to this article at Microsoft's MSDN Knowledge base for this purpose:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235631(VS.80).aspx

It took me a little while to work through the issues of managed/unmanaged code symantics, but basically because of the shear genius of the guys who created the /CLR compiler option, a majority of normal C++ code can be compiled into .NET MSIL, allowing plugins to be created for the .NET language very very quickly.

I'll try to assist in areas that are a bit grey, but basically, this is the gist of it. Lastly, when testing your plugin by creating a normal DGDK.NET application, you must also add the 'dgdkPlugins.cs' or 'dgdkPlugins.vb' file so that you can instanciate your plguin's class using the GetDGDKGlobals() function. So typically, this is how my CSM plugin class is used in Visual Basic.NET:

Hope that helps

Paul.

Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 22:17
I'm going to be really busy for the next month or so as I am trying to finish my Animation plugin for DBpro. I'll see how much effort it will take after that. I'll have to get a copy of DGDK.net before I do anything though.

EZrotate! TextureMax! Enhanced Animations! (coming soon....) 3D Character Maker! (coming soon....)
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 22:24
WOLF, I've sent you an email.

Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 01:41
Received. Replied.

adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 15:48 Edited at: 9th Nov 2006 15:49
Disgusting. I'm keeping my eye on you two ....

I'm superfly TNT
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 18:16
lol

Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 16:56
Quote: "Disgusting. I'm keeping my eye on you two .... "

Keeping an eye on us??? Why don't you make yourself useful and bring a camera

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 17:07
eew

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 17:25
Good god, think I'll resign now!!

Paul.

Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 17:56
lol

adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 23:53 Edited at: 10th Nov 2006 23:53
*Sigh*

lowering the tone eh? No-one ever went broke underestimating the vulgarity of the public.

However, one guy did go broke by not releasing the DGDK.NET version of EZ_Rotate WOLF - where do you get your 37 hour days from? I want some.

I'm superfly TNT
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 15:50
Quote: " WOLF - where do you get your 37 hour days from? "

lol
Right now, I think I need some 42 hour days!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:14:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:14:18