Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK.net - Writing plugins?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 06:45
Hello there!

I was searching in the forum but I still have this question:
Is it possible to write plugins to DarkGDK.net in C#? I've only found comments on doing it on CLR C++, but I don't feel like I'm going to write C++ code, I just don't like it (Personal taste), and also I'm into C# for 4 years (using it on my company for 3).
Hope I can write plugins in C#, at least someday

Anyway. Apex, congratulations! DarkGDK.net is a great product. I've had DBPro for almost 3 years but never liked the absence of OOP and the Basic language. I just think the documentation miss a lot of explanation (VS help is just perfect! maybe DGDK's help will be like it someday) and I also feel like there should be more samples.

Sorry for any error in my text, or for some strange accent (I'm from Brazil).
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 15:35 Edited at: 9th Nov 2006 15:37
A DGDK.NET plugin can be written in any of the .NET supported languages. C++, VB.net, C#.net.

Typically, this is what a CSharp class file would look like for your Class Library project:

Your class library project must also reference the DGDKPlugins.dll file. (Ignore the DGDKPlugin.dll file that is currently found in the 1.0.5.0 version of DGDK.NET, I have removed this file in the next update)

Once you have created your plugin DLL file, all you need to do is reference your Plugin.DLL file in your normal applications. Your application should have both dgdkGlobals.cs and dgdkPlugins.cs added so that you can use your Plugin.DLL file. Here is how I would use it in a CSharp project:

Hope this clears things up a little.

Paul.

kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 16:21
I've done all that but couldn't compile it, I couldn't use any method from the classes.

Problem was solved when I added a reference to Interop.DGDKLib.1.0
Is this correct? Should I really reference to this DLL?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 04:24:58
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 04:24:58