Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Latters, catwalks and stairs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 23:38 Edited at: 9th Nov 2006 23:39
Hey guys, I have been trying to create rooms like the one located in this model pack:

http://www.fpscreator.com/pack3.html

I am having issues with setting up rooms like this. I can put the latters in place but one of 2 things happen...

1. The room ceilings are too low which bring me to this question. After I make a premade room without a ceiling, how do I add just the walls (not floor)in the layer above.

Now I know how to get to the layer above that but I guess once I figure that out I can make catwalks and stuff. Am I missing something easy...

2. It seems when I build stairs and stuff they never line up and work well when trying to line them up... Also when putting doors in there is spaces on the left and right all of the time. This never happened to me before just all of a sudden...

Thanks guys. And please if there is a tutorial about this stuff please lead me in the right direction.

Sorry for my spelling of Ladders.... I just am frustrated and can;t figure this out.

TK
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 00:01 Edited at: 10th Nov 2006 00:03
Funnily enough there is a tutorial... but it has been given the misleading name of 'MANUAL' and is installed with FPSC itself... It has lots of cool information about FPSC and how it works.... If you can't find it maybe look for a sticky which could help you!

I'll answer number one for you as I'm feeling uber generous... when you have selected a segment press the 'M' key and it will paint only walls...

I would answer number 2 but I don't fully understand what you mean by
Quote: "there is spaces on the left and right "

[EDIT]
I would normally just answer this question without being a jerk... BUT even looking at the 16 page printed manual you get with the disc would have answered your 1st question...
[/edit]

'Dawn of the Fallen Angel' coming soon(ish)...
tjk3
Years of Service
User Offline
No you cAN BE A JERK.... I couldn't even get the title right. I did ready the manual and most of missed this easy thing to do.

I am a complete moron for asking that question seeing how easy it is and never was able to do that.

Thanks, it has been a long day.
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 14:53 Edited at: 10th Nov 2006 14:58
Quote: "1. The room ceilings are too low which bring me to this question. After I make a premade room without a ceiling, how do I add just the walls (not floor)in the layer above."

press shift and the mouse wheel to go up or down levels or simply press your plus or minus on your keyboard side not the numberpad side...

And the person who quoted you the manual was correct this is in the manual... But you can also get this information when FPSC is loaded and pressing F1

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 19:24:18
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 19:24:18