Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 18:48 Edited at: 10th Nov 2006 18:55
Yes once i started FPEmaker,it well...was easy to make.now i continue it with a little more features...(No syntax highlighting,cant get that done for some reason...)

Curent features:

*SaveLoad Project Files
*ImportExport .fpe files
*A Help containing !most! commands.
*UndoRedo actions(V1.0.0.0 didnt had those)

Buggy Features:
*Loading default scripts(Filetype Invalid)

and other default stuff.

However some people might think:

"Its like Notepad!"
"We have Magik FPS/ECS for this!"

It might still proof usefull.some beginners who cant buy an importer software can learn making FPS's by hand!

There is a screenshot attached.I will release this as soon as i fixed the last bug.

EDIT:

The old thread is located here,for anyone of intrest...
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=70056&b=21

...No Signature here...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 19:09
Looks interesting.
When are you planning on releasing this?

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 19:31
kool, when is it comming out, will it be free? just wondering.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 20:03 Edited at: 10th Nov 2006 20:21
This application will be free as all my applications are,i was bored and well,as i still havent sorted out my Export code for FPSC-Entity's i decided to work on this again.

Release time:

No idea,i hope this weekend.but i must still fix 2 bugs.(i found a new one...)

EDIT:
OH...i need to re-code a part,and let the manual be online.Ill see how fast i can get this done.

EDIT2:

Done that,now a thing i'd like to note:

The manual is currently hosted at Freewebs,for te fact my own site is currently down due to the fact im moving to a different home.

Also now you can load and save your own Default Scripts,and in a newer version that is planned you can upload it to my FTP,and you will receive your link to share.

However FTP share is disabled ATM,as its still WIP.ill test everything and then ill release it for you all.

...No Signature here...
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 20:30
FPEmaker-2 is RELEASED:

I got it working,all systems function as they should now.I hope people like this.(For suggestions or whatever,email me.)

I'd also like to announce that i would like to have the descriptions of the ones i couldnt fill in the manual and i'd like to know what commands i haven't documented.

It is attached,i hope you all like it!

...No Signature here...

Attachments

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 20:42
sweet, installing now!

"these shoes are 300 hundred dollars"-Shoes by Kelly http://smallgroup.be/
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 20:44
Its a zip file,no need to install

a later version will require installation,because of the fact more files will be used then for FTP uploading.

...No Signature here...
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 22:00
This is what happens when i try to run it

Attachments

Samoz83
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 22:03
looks like you ain't got .net 2.0 installed go on to windows update site (or am i reading it worng??)

SaM
www.firelightstudio.co.uk
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 22:55
You need the latest version of .net to run this application.Sorry,i forgot to mention.(Reason to is : Its VB.net 2005)

...No Signature here...
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 23:01
yes!!

thank you!!

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 23:13
Thanks.
I'll check it out as soon as I get the chance.

ultraplex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 23:23
Mint....

Never eat yellow snow
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2006 01:06
Cool, thank you.

http://www.mk83productions.com http://www.freewebs.com/mk83
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2006 08:10
Luckely this time i had put more effort in it...so more people will actualy like it!

BTW,FTP uploads will be available as soon as my website is up again,wich is down.(Due to moving to a new house)

I will create the FTP client in Dark Basic Pro.(PLEASE report me any un-documented commands,Wrong discriptions or any other mistake.

...No Signature here...
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2006 10:01 Edited at: 11th Nov 2006 10:23
A small word of advice... I find that Microsoft VB is too sucky for anyone to actually take seriously. Adobe Flash is easier to use, and is more powerful then VB (Not sure about IO features, however). Even Java Apps can achieve a level of complexity that baffles Microsoft and it's VB gang.

But I guess it can work.

Now this is a personal rant so ignore or redface my message at any time. Building an FPE editor seems to be the favorite past time of the FPSC newb programer. (No insult to you, BS). I can see why... it is EASY. When I made my first ACTUAL program/game (no, not hello world... that is the REALLY newb program) I didn't say "what is the easiest thing I can do" I said "what CAN I do, and what can I LEARN to do". The result was a rudimentary space fighter game with okay FPS built in basic. Later, I made pong, but still.

If you really want to work on something, work on a multi feature FPI editor. Incorporate a spellcheck to distinguish what the enduser is trying to type (Spellcheck CAN be difficult, so simply do a list and hit it alphabetically.). Have a program that uses 2D and text to represent how the script works and allow the end user to input directly to the scripts environment.

I mean, there are so many FPE editors out there (and this appears to be primarly an object FPE editor) because of the simplicity of creating one. Don't be simple, it WILL hurt you in the end run. Break from the norm and create something that people will remember you for.

Your mod was deleted by the government.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_pic.php?i=811392
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2006 15:49
People remember me for my stupidity already,so thats the reason i make simple apps to upgrade my knowledge.As im the one who made the Game Master Engine crap,wich didnt even come trough the editor...

AND,i cannot find any tutorials on VB.net to get Spellcheck or whatever to work,it was planned in this app.however...i couldnt do it.the same with Syntax Highlighting.

Im no master coder,and still learning.so thats why i cannot be angry at your comments,as i know it is only meant to help.not to Discourage.

...No Signature here...
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2006 20:20
Is there anyone who might be able to spare me a Temparay(not forever) FTP where i can let the FTP uploads on?

Ill appreciate it alot.and you will then make a tribute to the community!(As you can store .fpd files on it,wich are files that are used by FPEmaker-2,as Default files)

I hope someone will get back to me about this,as my site is down until im ready and done with moving.

...No Signature here...
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2006 10:24
I believe that Prohosting gives out free FTP servers...

Syntax Highlighting could be done dynamically... I am not sure if VB supports coloring select text (which is what you want) but what you would do is if the user presses space anything that he/she types next goes into a String and is then run through a For Next loop (or a select case) (or series of If Thens) until the end, or the string is found to equal x.

From there you would assign the color value to the group of characters... but that, I am uncertain how to do.

Spellchecking could be done with the Syntax Highlighting (just seeing if the word being typed is close to 'real' word)

Your mod was deleted by the government.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_pic.php?i=811392
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 06:44
For FTP's ill be waiting until December 16th...

and im already looking into Syntax Highlighting.

...No Signature here...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 19:23:13
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 19:23:13