Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Action-RPG with FPSC?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Guys, I'm interested in making a First-Person Action RPG. How structured is FPSC? Would I be able to incorporate my own leveling-up system? Would it be possible to have a huge open-world or do you have to break it up into levels? If you do have to break it up into levels, is it possible to have a smaller 2D over-world map with highlighted points on it, and when the player selects that point, he'd go to that part of the world (i.e. that level), and thus he can go back and forth between sections of the world.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 13:36
So far i was the only one who made an FPRPG,however,none of your points are curently possible for a newcomer.aslong as your scritping knowledge is OK,you might do most things you want.

...No Signature here...
DJ Professor K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 13:51
Well, from what you asked, only the leveling system is possible for the player, but as long as i know, the palyer won't be able to choose wich atribute to level up (strengh, agility, etc.).

Huge worls aren't supported right now (you can make nice big open worlds, but not 2 big).

You can have a map, but you can't interact with it, until the source code is tweaked (so, no selection of the maps).

There isn't a level foward-back function yet, this means that you can go lv1, lv2, lv3, lv4, lv5, etc., you can't jump levels. But it's possible that this function comes in the next update, lets just wait.

But let me say this: RPGs aren't only big open worlds and free roaming games, there are lot's of rpgs wich are strait foawrd level games. Have you played Dark Messiah? (just a small, latest hit rpg game exemple), It only has 1 or 2 places wich you can actually go back levels, no where else, also, the leveling system is pretty much simple, and the levels are small like hell (but they do have great decorations ).

If you're really looking to make a "complicated" FPS-style rpg, i suggest you go with DBp, and get help with the coding (buying 1 of the books it's a start).

Anyway, good luck.

My love is seperated in 2 parts, 1 of them is 3ds Max 7, the other; FPSC.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 19:22:18
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 19:22:18