Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Creating DBP media from a c++ buffer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 22:18
This question is kind of tricky to word, so bear with me.
Is it possible to make a DBP loaded image into a c++ data buffer, just from the image number I want to use, and vice versa i.e. putting the data from a buffer back into an image number.

WE SHALL BECOME ALL POWERFUL! CRUSH THE LESSER RACES! CONQUER THE GALAXY! UNIMAGINABLE POWER! UNLIMITED RICE PUDDING ! ! ! ETC. ! ! ! ETC.! ! !
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 23:59
To do it from C++ Mnem, you'll need to probably create a pointer function to one of the Memblock DLL exports, and create a memblockfromimage call, access the image data from that, and then reuse MakeImageFromMemblock. I can't recall the actual exported names off the top of my head, but it's certainly possible from within C++.

Paul.

Mnemonix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2006 05:52
Thanks, I will do it that way. Thanks for all the help you have been giving me throughout this project

WE SHALL BECOME ALL POWERFUL! CRUSH THE LESSER RACES! CONQUER THE GALAXY! UNIMAGINABLE POWER! UNLIMITED RICE PUDDING ! ! ! ETC. ! ! ! ETC.! ! !
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2006 09:09
No problem, anytime

Paul.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2006 14:04
There's also a function in the Image DLL called GetPointer that returns a DX pointer to the DX surface data.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-23 03:42:44
Your offset time is: 2024-06-23 03:42:44