Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How to make character start with a weapon in multiplayer???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 18:34
Could someone explain how to do this?
Tai Therin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 18:56
Never mind, I figured it out.
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 19:50 Edited at: 16th Nov 2006 19:53
Quote: "EDIT! The sections that are in quote are only in quote because that's the only way I can stop the stupid browser deleting my "\""

Yes.

I'll give you an example, but the same applies to all characters.

if you put the

Tommy (machinegun)

character into your level, you will notice that choosing him starts you with a machine gun (it won't pop up straight away, but scroll the scoll button or press 1 and you'll see it.)

Right. But if you change the "has weapon" property in his properties on the right, when you build game, he will still have the machine gun, not the new gun you selected.

That is because when you build game the character's .bin file is carried across, and this still contains the original machinegun reference.

So how do you solve this?

Go to the
Quote: "entitybank\WW2\characters."

copy a file such as:
"tommy (machinegun).fpe"
and rename it to
"tommyMultiplayer1"

now open the FPE in notepad. change the description to read
"tommyMultiplayer1" instead of "Tommy (machinegun)"

now scroll down the FPE. You will see a section that contains the line
Quote: "hasweapon = ww2tommygun"
(or something)

This is the starting weapon reference. If for example you wanted to change this so that he started with the MP5 from model pack 5 you would alter the line so it read:
Quote: "hasweapon=model pack 5\mp5"

There you have it. You open the editor and go to WW2 then characters in the "add new entity" window, there should be a glass belljar icon with "tommyMultiplayer1" underneith (you get that weird icon because you didn't create an icon, don't worry it's not a problem). If you place tommyMultiplayer1 in your level, he will start with the MP5.

So if you have 4 characters in your level, you'll need to create 4 new FPEs in the entity bank, one for each of the new characters.

Hope that helped. I know I gave alot of un-neccessary info, but I thought it was better to give a fuller explanation about what was going on, so that people with similar (but not identical) problems can learn form it too.

Peace and good luck

Butters

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 19:29:37
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 19:29:37