Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Where is it?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 22:19
I recently purchased model pack 3 and it all works fine and i'm very happy with the results. However, one particular segment seems to be missing.

Look at the main picture on the model pack 3 homepage. It clearly shows a sort corrigated metal wall that has been used to "construct" the factory. One of the main reasons i bought this pack was for that segment because i have a sizable hole in one of my levels that the segment would fill perfectly.

However, i can't find it anywhere. So i guess its not there...

I love the pack too much to be really annoyed by all of this but what alarms me more is the false-advertising by The Game Creators. The preview image contains a number of wrong statements including the character that is standing on the gantry (though it doesn't say he's included so i wasn't too unhappy about that) and the blue stairs that join to the gantry (they don't in FPSC) and roofing segments that actually join the segments below (they don't in the actual pack).

For those users who haven't ventured into this forum, alot of this would come as a shock.

It's also a false representation of FPSC since we all know FPSC isn't capable of such lighting effects and is obviously a MAX render. This leads people to believe that by buying the pack, FPSC will be greatly improved. This, as WE all know is not the case but they don't.

This isn't really me trying to slaughter TGC, its just i'm a bit annoyed that others aren't being told he whole truth before they buy the pack.

I would suggest publishing one of those pdf catalogues to let people know what they're actually buying.

AE

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 23:24
I've just sent my cheque today for FPSC and model packs 2,3,4 & 5. I too assumed the image for model pack 3 was what you got and that was one of the reasons that made me buy it as it looks great.

This is definitely false advertising and would do better putting a pdf catalogue like you said

Loved tour anim8tor tutorial by the way

FPSC Hint's and Tips Guide (pdf)
Best Regards,
Nickydude
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2006 08:52
I've become quite a celebrity thanks to that tutorial

AE

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2006 09:11
Quote: "It's also a false representation of FPSC since we all know FPSC isn't capable of such lighting effects and is obviously a MAX render. This leads people to believe that by buying the pack, FPSC will be greatly improved. This, as WE all know is not the case but they don't.

This isn't really me trying to slaughter TGC, its just i'm a bit annoyed that others aren't being told he whole truth before they buy the pack."

These things have been pointed out before in a different thread and I do agree with you. I'm pretty sure TGC delibarately has not shown what this pack really looks like.

Imo, the main reason they've not shown any FPSC screenshots with Model Pack 3, but this nice looking renders instead, is due to the lack of quality. Compared to all the other official model packs it looks bad. If they would post real screenshots, it wouldn't sell as good anymore.

The shear amount of items may make it worth it, but the quality sure doesn't.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Compared to all the other official model packs it looks bad. If they would post real screenshots, it wouldn't sell as good anymore.
"

Who cares- the truth should be worth more than 20 usd.

Your signature was too large.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 19:26:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 19:26:35