Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Set number of dynamic lights

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 12:24 Edited at: 18th Nov 2006 12:29
Ok firstly "Yes, I searched the forums....so simmer down"

Has anyone ran into a problem with only being allowed to have one dynamic light per level? I have 7 lights all running off of seperate flickering scripts. but only one of them actually blinks. I check me code if you want. They are correct since they work when I have only one dynamic light (I checked this out already)

Thanks in advance
RF

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 12:39
So I take it I'm the only one who has had this problem?

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 14:56
nope,i have this problem too. It's REALLy annoying

Zombies: Dark shadows RELEASE DATE: TBC
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 15:47
Yeah I had ran into this problem but was pre any patches. Tried getting different lights to flash for a bar scene. Be interested in knowing myself what happens here.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 15:50
I remember having the same issue long ago, but never really cared since I was just experimenting. I just figured it was a limitation and moved on.

Best

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 15:50 Edited at: 18th Nov 2006 15:57
in one of my test levels i got to to work but it was dependant ona button to be hit

*edit*

I tried to get the lights to run off of a trigger but that didn't work. There has to bea way to get more than one dynamc light in a level......back to the scripts I go....

RF

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 15:57 Edited at: 18th Nov 2006 15:59
Just for information purposes, have you tried to rename the scripts to a different name for each, like light1.fpi, light2.fpi, etc?

And how are your lights named?

Best.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 16:00 Edited at: 18th Nov 2006 16:01
If your method works RF, I guess you could set up a trigger prior to getting to the area with "blinking lights". Should be able to set up kinda like hitting a switch. Never tried it. Still a pain in the butt to only have the ability to run one script concerning these items.

And my scritps/lights were renamed. Still didnt work like that.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 16:05
mine were renamed as well

filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 18:46 Edited at: 18th Nov 2006 18:47
For my last contest level, I used 8-10 dynamic lights. I used the script which switched off the light when the playerdistance > 1000 and switched them on when plrdistance < 800.

When I built the game...2-3 lights worked as I wanted. 2-3 lights worked only in 1 direction (when I approach the light from one angle it works, from the other...it doesnt!), and 2-3 lights worked actually the opposite (switching off when plr gets close)

Now, all the lights had the exact same script...so only thing I can suggest is : don't expect much of dynamic lights for now. They might work...but chances are slim.

edit : I just notices, you used a timer in your script. You know this right?, that there is only 1 timer in FPSC?
So I guess that 1 timer is used up by the light which is working. The other lights just dont have more (separate) timers to work on.

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 19:00
He's right about the timer, but I've had the same problem getting more than 1 light to blink with the standard light2.fpi.

Best.

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 19:13
So FPSC has only one global timer to run off of. Ok back to the drawing board.....

RF

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 19:25:43
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 19:25:43