Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK.NET Support for Collisions / Support for Enhancement Pack

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I own DarkBasic Pro and use Nuclear Glory Collision System in my games.
I am very interested in buying the DarkGDK.NET and probably will buy it in the end, but I am wondering how am I suppose to handle collisions? What is this ODE Physics Plug In? It will give a similar functionality to Nuclear Glory Collisions?
A second question is regarding DP Pro expansions. I own EZRotate, Enhancements Pack, Cloth and Particles, and some others that I will not need in .NET, I was wondering if I will be able to take advantage of this DLLs?
Thanks in advance

Playing is the very reason for life, Making games convert you in a God.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2006 15:47 Edited at: 19th Nov 2006 15:49
Apex can correct this if I am mistaken, but, I am pretty sure you can use dbp plugins with dgdk.net by implementing his plugins dll, if he's released it yet. Not sure if the plugins can be used as is, or need any recoding for this environment. I am currently experimenting with the ode physics plugin for dgdk.net that was released

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2006 17:20
Everything in the toolkit is there for writing a plugin for DGDK.NET. The only difference that's really required is that your plugin must be created either as a CLR project, or a Mixed managed/unmanaged project where you expose a managed class for the interface to your plugin.

You only then need to reference the DGDKPlugins.dll file provided in the Redist folder of DGDK.NET, and derive your managed plugin class from the CDGDKPlugin class.

The DGDK.NET samples\plugins\DGDKPlugin project shows exactly how this is done.

Paul.

Methusen
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the response, but I am still confused. Maybe I used the word plugin in a wrong way.
It is possible to use the Nuclear Glory Collisions DLL or any other DarkBASIC Professional extensions from within DGDK.NET?

If the answer is yes, then I guess the "how" is what you just explained.

Playing is the very reason for life, Making games convert you in a God.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 08:53
Ok, any existing DGDK(C++) plugins can not be directly used by the DGDK.NET system. Any DBP plugins cannot be used directly with the DGDK.NET system. ALL plugins must be converted to work with the DGDKPlugins.DLL file. In otherwords, those people who have written those plugins, must intervene to some degree in converting the plugins to work with DGDK.NET correctly.

Paul.

Baltico
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 21:14
Thanks, I just bought it anyway, lets hope the plug in developers recompile their software.
I will be posting my experience and feedback soon.
By the way, I am Methusen, this is my new Alias since I bought it with a different email address. Methusen is my brother, we where sharing the account.

All you need is love

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:17:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:17:17