Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Right sound at the right time

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 01:56
Here's the effect I'd like to achieve:

The player comes up to a close door which there's a monster behind but the player doesn't know, he opens the door, there's a cry let out by the monster before it attacks.

How would I get the monster / entity to 'shriek' at the moment the door is opened? I don't want it to shriek before he opens the door, neither do I want to wait for the player to enter the room before the monster shrieks so I'm not sure trigger / sound zones would be appropriate.

I'm trying to achieve a heart-stopping moment. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

FPSC Hint's and Tips Guide (pdf)
Best Regards,
Nickydude
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 02:02
well, if the door is never going to be used again, you could put the shriek in the doors code, and then make the door un useable.

What im saying is, if you go under the doors 'stats' in fpsc, i think sound 1 is the sound that played when the door is opened. change that to a cry, and then find a way that the door will never open again.

"these shoes are 300 hundred dollars"-Shoes by Kelly http://smallgroup.be/
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 02:20
I supposed once it's opened, I could make sure the player can't shut it, if that's possible. Thanks Snall, I'll have a play around

FPSC Hint's and Tips Guide (pdf)
Best Regards,
Nickydude

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 19:27:26
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 19:27:26