Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dgdk with vista

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hey everyone.

Has anyone used dgdk with windows vista rtm? Was wondering if there is any issues with vista that would make games made with the dgdk to not function correctly.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 16:28
as long as Vista supports .NET, COM Interop, and the various development packages that the dgdk.net supports then there is no reason it shouldn't work like it does on XP.

Having said that, I havent tried Vista yet. Not sure if Apex has either. I did read something where vista won't natively support .chm files, and I have notified apex on that.

kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 19:01
I'm downloading Vista from MSDN and will test this as soon as possible, but it's a pain to download at 4 Kbps when I generally get files at 45 Kbps from Microsoft's Website, everyboy must be downloading it...

Anyway, I don't think it will have any problems running DGDK.NET (I hope so, just spent some money on it), but I can't guarantee.
I will also check if it supports .chm files
lwatson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 19:36
I am using it with the VS2005 and Vista Ultimate (RTM). Other than the standard vista items that affect everything the DGDK runs just fine within Vista on VS2005.

I do not use C# or VB.NET express so I cannot say anything about those environments but it does work in 2005 on Vista RTM.

Lonnie Allen Watson
rmag.blogspot.com (blog)
lwatson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2006 17:58
As a side note I just noticed that the latest upgrade to Windows Defender in Vista RTM (I believe it was shipped from Windows Update on Tuesday Nov 22) flags the DarkGDK.net install as potential malware and recommends that it be removed. So be careful out there folks, vista is a strange new world.

Lonnie Allen Watson
rmag.blogspot.com (blog)
Baltico
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2006 01:01
I am using it with Vista Ultima (RTM) and it works. But sometimes VISTA in general drops the frame rate a lot when running some background processes. But when not running background stuff like the indexer, the frame rate returns back to normal. If you get a low framerate, try rebooting and check the framerate again to see if it is you or the OS. This comment also applies to Dark Basic Pro.

All you need is love
Wilvis
Years of Service
User Offline
So i finally got to test this out. seams to run ok beside the frame rate. i have notice you get a stable frame rate if you turn the visual themes off for the app.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:17:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:17:29