Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DGDK.Net -- Release build

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Can someone point me to a tutorial/document on making the RELEASE build of my app? I went through the SpinningCube tutorial. Ran fine in DEBUG. Now I want to run it in RELEASE. Of course it does not work because of Authentication. I ran the Authenticator on the RELEASE version of the exe and key looks the same (ok, last 4 digits the same). Step 12 of the tutorial mentions the following:

12 After selecting OK, while still on the Project Properties page, select the Debug tab. You must now uncheck the option 'Enable the Visual Studio hosting process'. NOTE: It is very important that you remember to uncheck the box for the Release version of the build as well. If you fail to turn this option off, DarkGDK.NET will fail to initialise correctly.

I am not sure where to do this because there is no RELEASE area like there is a DEBUG area.

Is this part of my problem?

thanx
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 17:59
What version of the IDE are you using? I.e. express or professional?

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
roujesky
Years of Service
User Offline
I meant to put that info in my post . I am using VS2005.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 18:38
roujesky, under the project release options, can you make sure that you have also disabled the VSHost flag.

Paul.

roujesky
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks! That did it. It runs in release mode now, also.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 21:51 Edited at: 20th Nov 2006 21:53
I made my project template to always point to debug for the build, that way I needn't maintain any sub directories like say "Media" in both Release and Debug. Later if I compile to release without the debug symbols, I can just copy the exe from release and use it with the remaining items (dirs, files, etc) that are located in debug

Thats one thing I do miss about vs2003, the singular location of BIN

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 04:13:19
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 04:13:19