Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark Game SDK Manual

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I wonder if there would be some interest into a manual for C++ (VS2005 only) in PDF format. I am writing at it already for quite some time and foresee another 6-8 months to get it finished. Although it may take longer ...

It isn't a manual talking about the basics, but it talks about all immaginable issues with the free C++ compiler and environment and Dark Game SDK, and techniques to make a game run as fast as possible, with a lot of practical samples, such as lag-free networking, multiplaying with 1000 or more concurrential and reliable connections. In other words, it's the companion book to the game I'm writing the code for.

If there is some interest, I'll make it a little more attractive and add more samples.

The project is developed at http://www.realrealms.com with a pretty large team by now, although we have only one programmer: me Please visit our site and forum to look into it, if you like.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2006 01:08
Please tell me the Real Realms "real cash economy" uses a gold standard, and not worthless paper money issued by a private bank on a "fractional-reserve" system.

y2ksw
Years of Service
User Offline
The money issues are discussed in the framework. At the moment I'm only watching them while coding

In any case I believe money will be much more touchable than the (one) concurrent's funds; most of the discussions about go in this direction.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 04:12:19
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 04:12:19