Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / X10 Version - Issues Resolved?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2006 17:28
Hey Lee and Rick,
I have a couple of questions about the X10 version. I saw what was put out for the pictures so far and I would have to say I am amazed by them.
However, I would like to know a thing or two about it before I save up some cash for it.
From the screenshots, it appears that the shader issue has been fixed, is that correct?
There was also talk about a new light mapping function in the current version of FPSCreator back around the pre V1 release, has this been put into X10?
Will this version of X10 work with the new Dark Basic Shading program to create shader effects or will there have to be an update.
What other features might we see that have been improved on or done for X10? Better scripting, better Multiplayer.....etc
Thanks.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2006 22:05
It's all shaders in X10! This is how DirectX10 works, a totally new approach.

We will be using the technology found in DarkLIGHTS - a far better light mapper than that used in the current FPSC.

No plans at present to expose shaders totally within FPSC but it will be a longer term goal for sure.

Better AI too! Using the DarkAI technology.

Financial Director
TGC Team
[Check out Jed McKenna - http://www.wisefoolpress.com/]
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2006 22:33
That sounds very good. I know you can't give out all the goodies yet. I'm guessing it will be announced in the next issue?
Is there any chance of getting a YouTube video that would showcase the newer version?
One last question, I just wanted to bump it again. Will we be getting an improved scripting language or will it be the same as we currently have?
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2006 10:33
In Friday's newsletter you will see a video of myself and Lee at the nVidia 8800 launch. I record Lee asking him about X10 and he explains the benfits of X10 and all the features it'll bring.

Financial Director
TGC Team
[Check out Jed McKenna - http://www.wisefoolpress.com/]
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool! Did you guys end up getting interviewed by MTV? I swore I read that somewhere...

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://www.hyrumark.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 21:17:02
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 21:17:02