Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Out-Punch!! (Mike Tyson's Punch-Out remake) early demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2003 22:46
Well, my impatience got the better of me....

THE PROBLEM:
I have been too busy lately to put much time into the game. I probably won't get to work on it much for another 2 weeks or so. I am doing a side job for a company that I used to work for. The pay is great, but it eats all of my free time.

IN THE MEAN TIME:
Anyway, since I won't be able to work on it much in the next couple of weeks, I figured it would be a good idea to get some feedback on what I have done so far.

SOME SCEENS:

THE GAME:
In it's not-yet-complete state there are a couple of things that I want to say before you look at it
1. The crowd texture still sucks! This will be fixed
2. Some of the animations need some improvement. I realise that and will fix them as soon as I can.
3. There are sound effects, but they are far from complete.
4. I am not completely happy with the way the first opponent looks. I want to redo his whole face. Because of this I haven't done the textures for facial injury yet. So, sorry, no blood yet!
5. I have only tested the game at 1024x768. Options are there to change it, but I'm not sure what the results will be
6. There is no interface yet. Only some text to tell you your Stats.

THE CONTROLS:
Controls are simple. If you have ever played Mike Tyson's Punch-Out, you should find them familiar.
Enter: Left Punch
Shift: Right Punch
Up+Enter: Left Punch High
Up+Shift: Right Punch High
Space Bar: Super Uppercut (You must have a star)
Down: Block
Down twice fast: Duck
Left: Dodge Left
Right: Dodge Right

HOW TO PLAY:
This first opponent is very easy. He is supposed to be. Basicly, the idea is to just pummel him.
If you run out of Hit Points, you will go down.
If you run out of Hearts, you will get tired and not be able to punch. Dodge to get some back
Stars will let you use your super uppercut. Get stars by counterpunching.
The main strategy is to dodge your opponent's punch, then hit him while he is recovering.

Give me some! hehehe. I'm curious to know peoples FPS. Oh.... and post your KO Times. We'll see who does the best!

THE LINK:
I guess you'll need this to download the file:
http://www.ericksonline.com/out-punch/out-punch.zip
It is approx 3megs.

Enjoy!
WOLF
HOOOWWWWLLLLL!!!!!!
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2003 03:36
hi, just played the game, looking pretty good. maybe you should be able to move around the ring. i never got pas the 1st person because i ran out of hearts and never got them back. my fps was about 60-70. oh and can u skip the start of match sequence. so annoying waiting everytime. put me off playing again because i cba to sit through it rite now. will tomm tho.
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2003 21:33
I changed the Res, and it seemed fine untill the end of round two where the game froze and I had to reset my computer.

The Legend of Zelda IS NOT an RPG! It's an Adventure, just like Ico or Dark Cloud.
W0LF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2003 02:36
Maniac,
Sorry, you won't be able to move around the ring. This game is a remake of an old NES game, and I want to keep the gameplay as similar as possible. I have another boxing game that I was working on that has that ability. You can find a demo of it on my site if you are interested: http://www.ericksonline.com
There is only one opponent at this time, so there isn't much of a "reward" for beating him.
You can get hearts back by dodging the opponents punches left and right. Blocking actually makes you lose hearts.
I will definately be adding the ability to skip then intros, but it is not in the version that you have.
Thanks for the feedback!

Fuzzy,
I have no plans for a kangaroo at the moment....
but you never know.

Arrow,
I have no idea why the game would have froze on you. It shouldn't have had anything to do with the res. My guess is that it is an issue with DB or your hardware + DB, because I've never had a problem with freezing, nor have I heard any other reports of the problem. Sorry.....

WOLF

HOOOWWWWLLLLL!!!!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 03:25:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 03:25:44