Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Model Pack 5: Melee weapons crash, a Simple fix

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2006 22:44
If you don't want the melee weapons to crash your game, simple copy a Vweap.x file from another gun into the folder of the melee weapon, and hey presto, no more crashes.

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2006 23:24
the whole point of taking away the VWEAP was to avoid an even more confusing (amongst newcomers) bug. If you gave an enemy a random vweap from somewhere else, it would play different animations, or display a random model in a stupid sequence.

so its better off to remove the possibility of the whole thing happening,

better dead than crippled

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 00:01
well... thats a difficult statement to agree with. I have one question with model pack 5, you can change the fists for the punch, but what about the weapons?

"these shoes are 300 hundred dollars"-Shoes by Kelly http://smallgroup.be/
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 00:31
Flashing snail- Yes you can change the weapon fists. Here is how you do it.

First go into gamecore>guns>model pack 5 folder and open up the (lets just say you want the fists that are wrapped up in bandages) Open fists 3 and COPY the hand texture. Now open up the folder of the gun that you want to change the hands on and rename the hand texture that is already in there and paste the texture of the hands you just copied. There ya go. I did that in the level competition so I could get a few extra points (which I don't think I did get the xtra points)

I love butter
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 00:56
there is also a folder called "HANDS_RESOURCE" in the guns folder, for quick changing.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 01:27
Quote: "If you gave an enemy a random vweap from somewhere else, it would play different animations, or display a random model in a stupid sequence."

Jon, I think we mis-understand each other. NONE of the melee weapons (those without a vweap) work on my computer (or any of the 8 I teach on), without pasting in a random vweap it crashes everytime.

By pasting in a random Vweap I can use the melee weapons. I do not mean that the enemy can use the weapon. I mean the player can. Without a vweap file in the gun's folder the game will crash everytime you add a character enemy, regardless of whether that character is using the melee weapon.

Quote: "Jon, you stated there was a UV map to make your own hand textures, but I checked all the folders including Hands Resource and didn't find it."

it's in the hands resource folder.

Quote: "I have one question with model pack 5, you can change the fists for the punch, but what about the weapons?"

Jon shouldn't have to explain this, it's in the instructions.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 21:22:54
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 21:22:54