Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Serious Question about Version 1.05 and up and a question also about X10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 19:07
I have a question regarding the updates on 1.05 and on. I know that Lee may not be able to answer this just yet, but I was wondering what other updates we might see to the FPSCreator. Not looking for a full answer but more like hints as to what would be fixed/improved/updated.

Second, I am really excited about X10 and it's possibilities. However I do not want to leave out people with older Video Cards such as the Direct-X 9 stuff. Would it be possible to develop on the X10 and then translate the stuff back to X9? That way I can make sure that I'm not leaving out people who have yet to get a Video Card capable of X10 but still want to play my games.
Thanks.

SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 22:27
X10 answer- Nope, not that I know of

I love butter
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Perhaps all you would have to do is disable shaders in a game menu options... It's possible, I'm fairly sure if the X10 stock .exe doesn't include it, a modder will...

He said, "You drink when you're lonely." No I drink when I want!
He said, "You'll never be sober." Sure. Why would I want that?
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 23:00
I should clarify on the X10 stuff. I'm not looking to translate it and look the same on X9, that would be impossible. What I am talking about is taking the project, load it under the older FPSCreator and have it output a similar game using the same Models/Media(Except the shaders and such) and then tweak it as needed.
SoulMan

SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 23:10
Actually that is something I would very much like to have. The ability to produce a game that runs on Direct X 9 or Direct X10. Then when you run the program, it would pick the best API for the system or you could select which API you wished to run.
That would be great to see that in the next version of FPSCreator.
SoulMan

Copper Head
Years of Service
User Offline
In regard of recommendations for oncoming updates i, for one, would really appreciate if functions for adjusting the mousespeed (mouse sensitivity), mouse invertion and binding of controlkeys inside the game were added. To me it seems like a quite basic need in any game really to be able to adjust such.

It's kind of a downer when a whole bunch of people won't even try your newly created game, that you put hours on making, just because they can't control the character due to the wrong mouse and keyboard settings.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 23:22:32
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 23:22:32