Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How can i put players in arena mode game?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,
Anyone explain me how to create multiplayer game?!
1- How many markers i put?
2- i want to do this:
..when one player enter to a building and other players not entered yet, he close the door and they can't enter until he want them enter?
Thanks

software&design
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 22:25
To make a mp game: click file>preferences>Multiplayer or arena.

To make characters: Do not use markers!!!!!! Use entity characters.

What in Gods name are you asking for on #2?

I love butter
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 22:33
read the manual, it will answer pretty much all of your questions.

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Silent Thunder- can you explain to me why ever since I joined these forums the letters that make up "read the manual" are slowing fading from my keyboard? LOL we should start a crusade to get it tatooed on people's foreheads when they sign up for the forum...

He said, "You drink when you're lonely." No I drink when I want!
He said, "You'll never be sober." Sure. Why would I want that?
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 23:32 Edited at: 29th Nov 2006 23:33
Quote: "we should start a crusade to get it tatooed on people's foreheads when they sign up for the forum..."

but then they can't read their foreheads now can they.

yea, it seems that more and more people aren't reading the manual, maybe it's because more people are joining because fpsc is getting more popular, im seeing it on store shelves now.

ghaaliove
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks to Jenkins
Silent Thunder: if you can't help, don't tired about writing lines that not important !!, keep your health.
JENKINS: The #2 question is that i want to made like half-life, when i enter a building befor others(players in multiplayer game) they can't enter to me, they can if i open the door only.
Thanks a lot

software&design
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Ghaa-whatever, you don't get the point, the point is, you could read the manual like WE had to, and use the search button, like WE had to. If we are still here on this forum, it's because we got what we got ourselves, Yes potentially you could get it from an answer here on the forums, but every post every newcomer makes is a waste of their time, just because they don't want to read a manual. Besides- the manual came with FPSC, so if you don't have it, you must have gotten it illegaly... Which brings up another area I'm not going into. But seriously... the manual has an index, so if you have a disease where you can't read a book fully, but you can read a forum and post, you can skip to that section.

Until the day you grow in your knowledge of FPSC- read the manual, use the search button and watch every Lee Bamber Special. Arrogance isn't needed either. Silent Thunder was helping you by reminding you to read the manual, if you can't take advice from someone who knows where the information is, then what's the point of looking for the information anyways....

Here's what I propose to all forum members......
I think from now on, issues that can be resolved by the manual, should be directed to the manual, possibly even quote the page, if you know what it is... I hate the fact that everyone who recommends the manual is seen as someone who doesn't want to help.... Obiviously if the postee decided to post "read the manual" they had an ounce of help.
I could go on and on, but whats the point- if newcomers can't read the manual- they wouldn't have read this anyways...

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 00:50
Sorry ghaaliove I'm still relatively new to FPSC so I'm not exactly sure how to do much yet.

Silent Thunder is right though ghaaliove. The first day my FPSC came in I read the entire manual. Of course I lost focus at some points but I got the jist of it. Reading the manual is by far the most important thing you can do as a newcomer.

Quote: "Reading the manual is by far the most important thing you can do as a newcomer."

I think that might be the 50th time I said that. Silent your right. It does seem like more and more people aren't reading the manual.

I love butter
ghaaliove
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay chef !, thanks to all
I will read complete manual..
sorry to all

software&design
DJ Professor K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 12:30 Edited at: 30th Nov 2006 12:32
To qwestion #2:

In MP is not possible to make that, as far as i know. Also, just a small note: MP is really limited, and most of the SP feactures don't work in MP (for various reasons), better keep with SP until we have MP updated (just an opinion, doesn't mean you have to follow it).

Urlforce Studios, i'm sorry, but i have to disagree just a bit, we're helping way 2 much, you know the proferb "Give fish to a poor, and he'll have food for the day. Teach him how to fish, and he'll have food for life!"?

People come here without knowing the basics of basics, ok, they might have forgotten or were to lazy to search for it (or read the manual),we warn/show them where they can find what they look for, and it's enough, if we do everything to them, the next stuff they ask is for us to build their own levels.

Edit: ALso, if we tell them to read the manual, and if they actually start reading it, it's most likelly they see the 2º, 3º, nº qwestion they were ready to spamm in the forum

Peace

My love is seperated in 2 parts, 1 of them is 3ds Max 7, the other; FPSC.
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Urlforce Studios, i'm sorry, but i have to disagree just a bit, we're helping way 2 much, you know the proferb "Give fish to a poor, and he'll have food for the day. Teach him how to fish, and he'll have food for life!"?

People come here without knowing the basics of basics, ok, they might have forgotten or were to lazy to search for it (or read the manual),we warn/show them where they can find what they look for, and it's enough, if we do everything to them, the next stuff they ask is for us to build their own levels.

Edit: ALso, if we tell them to read the manual, and if they actually start reading it, it's most likelly they see the 2º, 3º, nº qwestion they were ready to spamm in the forum

"

Lol dude you're agreeing with me, read my post.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 21:23:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 21:23:50