Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Model/FireSpot Problem | Bullshock 2's Milkshape Biped With DennisB's Fix

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 04:48
Hello,

After spending the better part of last night, and all of today trying to get a model working with the biped by Bullshock, I am left with one problem. At first, when I was loading the model into FPSC (after being converted to .x with the JTExporter), the model would simply hold the gun backwards, and everything else would work fine.

After fiddling around with it, trying everything I could think of, or that looked reasonable based on my experience with milkshape (downloaded it last night specifically for the biped); I managed to get the gun facing the player. However, the model now faces away from the player. I am not sure what I did, and am unable to replicate the same effect, even though I changed the settings back to the original, the gun still faces the player and the model is backwards.

Now my question is(of course it seems pretty straight as to what it will be), is, does anyone know how I can fix this problem and get both the model and gun to be facing the proper directions?

I appreciate any help that can be given on this; I will continue to try things, in the hopes I can figure out what is wrong, and what is doing this.

Thanks,

- Damon.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 04:53
Milkshape seems to export .x files backwards.
If your model is facing forward then it will face backwards in FPSC.
I used Milkshape to attach a right hand to a weapon last night and when I imported it into FPSC the weapon had a left hand on it.
It's real fun when you are making melee animations...
I feel your pain and I hope this helps.

DamonV
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 07:49
Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply Fred.

I went back and tried more things, and then I tried one other thing, I un-checked the "Right Handled" option and ta da, the model works beautifully now. I feel silly to have spent a day fiddling around with this because of one option, but in the end it was a learning experience.

Thank you again, and I wish you good luck with your animating and with Milkshape's...er..."features" .

- Damon
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 08:11
That's the good and bad thing about Milkshape.
Once you figure out what you're doing it's pretty easy to do.
But figuring it out can be a pain.
Forgetting to check something like you pointed out or like "ignore backfaces" can want to make you throw your computer across the room.
Then there's the thing where you have to connect the vertices counter clockwise to make a face.
Forget to do it once and it can screw up a whole model and you might not even notice it until you have spent a lot more time on it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 21:18:59
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 21:18:59