Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS Creator LOST!!!!!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 07:01
FPSC MODS, I hope you will allow this topic to exist long enough for Rick Vanner to view it so that I may recieve some help from him I hope. I recently suffered some sort of hard drive corruption that caused one of my drive volumes on the extended partition of the drive to become lost!!! Unfortunately for me in this case, My original FPS Creator zip file was on that drive volume along with the original email with the user name & password information in which I need now in order to re-download the product file.

I realize that the question would come up as why I didn't back all this up in the first place... Well, I would have if my DVD-RW drive haven't went out on my like it did. and unfortunately though, I didn't give it any thought about the possibility of one of my drive volumes suddenly disappearing on me like this either.

Anyways MODS, I realize this topic isn't well suited for the FPSC forums like this, And I'll understand if this gets removed soon. But if it does get removed, Could one of you be so kind in helping notify rick about this issue. I already sent an inquiry to customer support, Along with sending out an email to rick as well. Was just wanting to post here as well to hopfully get his attention sooner if at all possible.

Anyways, Thanks for your understanding...

Best Regards,

DoctorWho...
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 07:19
Let that be a lesson to us all... backup!

'Dawn of the Fallen Angel' coming soon(ish)...
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 09:17
DrWho,
If you bought FPSC from The Game Creators then there should be the download available in your profile.
You will have to contact customer support for assistance.
There isn't anything that we can do for you here.
RickV might stumble across this thread but you should e-mail him about this and contact customer support.

DrWho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 09:45
FredP,

Unfortunately in my profile there isn't no longer an option to allow me to download it again. That's why I contacted customer support & already sent Rick Vanner an email concerning this.
I just posted this here with the hope that he might see this and check into it as I know that RickV check's out the forums on a regular basis. Anyways though... I have this message in my profile:

Your FPSC EA Download has expired

And ofcourse there is a link for the update.. However it directs me to the FPS Creator website in the section that explains how to download via FTP. And what's stopping me here is not having the original email in which i was sent with the user name & password that they sent in the email in which I need to place into the FPT download client in order to re-download the product file again.
This is why I contacted both customer support & Rick Vanner with the hope that I may obtain either the original email they sent me, Or another one that will allow me to re-download FPS Creator again. I'll patiently wait until' I hear from either RickV or customer support on this issue. Anyways though, Thanks for your input though.

Best Regards,

DoctorWho...
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 09:56
Sorry I can't help you any more than that.
Even our uber mod powers won't let us do anything about that.
Only the truly divine (Like Rich or Rick or Customer Support) can assist you.
I hope you get it straightened out.

DrWho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 10:09
Yeah me too!!

Sure would like to see the Load/Save in action on my machine with some of the games I've made. Thanks anyways...

Best Regards,

DoctorWho...
JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 17:14
Hope it gets fixed. People get the idea that The Game Creators is a third party companny...

www.mortarstudios.tk and www.freewebs.com/supahsfpscstuff

btw i asked rich to change my name from Supah Gamer so dont mix!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 17:36
If he bought it from TGC I am sure that TGC will get it fixed.

DrWho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 21:16 Edited at: 30th Nov 2006 21:19
And they did guys... I recieved my original email download instructions today! I have downloaded the product file already, However after applying all the updates that I could find on the forums and all. I still dont see the save/load feature when I press the 'Esc' button to bring up the Game Menu. I've pressed the New button in the Build Game menu, and I typed a new name for the project, After the game is completely done compiling, I run the compiled game and enter into the game menu only to find the same menu as before?!? Im' sure there's something Im' doing wrong here.

I'll list the currect updates that I have:

FPS Creator 1.0.2 - 050906
FPS Creator_1.0.3_250906
FPS_Creator_1.0.4_221106
FPS_Creator_104_281106

This is all the product updates that I was able to find on the FPSC forums. I wasn't sure if I had to install these in a given order to achieve the current working version... Or can I just use the latest update to bring the product up to current status?!?
At any rate Im' not finding the new enhancements. Anybody here have any help/suggestions for me? It would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

DoctorWho...
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 00:17
didn't they send you a cd?

"If it weren't for monsoor here, this town wouldn't be here, and that kid would never grow up to lie about texas!"
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 00:35
Quote: "didn't they send you a cd?"

I think EA users had an option to NOT get the cd just a download

'Dawn of the Fallen Angel' coming soon(ish)...
DrWho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 03:32
That's correct!

Best Regards,

DoctorWho...
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 04:19
Quote: "I think EA users had an option to NOT get the cd just a download"

Yup. Though I shot at the chance to get the disk, just cause the cover was so darn cool looking

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 21:15:55
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 21:15:55