Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Running an exe on a PC without DarkSDG installed?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 14:22
This error seems more with directx, although someone may know how to solve this problem.

The error message is

This application has failed to start because d3dx9_31.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

The problem compiles ok in visual studio, the pc without darksdk does have directx on it.

Am i missing something obvious?

SNOW ISLAND : www.snowisland.co.uk
BEWARE THE MOON : www.bewarethemoon.co.uk
ALIEN INVASION : www.alien-invasion.co.uk
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 15:55
This M$ thread may offer more information regarding this situation, but are you distributing the debug version of your application?

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=812591&SiteID=1

You may need to upgrade your DXSDK version on your development machine and rebuild it, but I'm not entirely sure why this is manifesting itself on an end user's PC.

Also, is this a DarkGDK.NET application or still using the C++ DGDK?

Paul.

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 15:55
make sure its the latest version of DX by manually going to the dx site and installing the latest version of the runtimes (AUG 2006). Windows updates wont do this for you automatically.

Argon Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 23:00
What I have to do, is make sure I choose the option to install the Dx runtime redist files when I install my Directx SDK's. This way I have the exact runtime I need to distro with my apps already loaded on my computer.

Like right now, I have October's SDK installed and my d3dx9_31.dll is time stamped Oct 21. I had to give out the oct runtime last week so I guy could run one of my DGDK mock up apps. We were not sure if he had april's or august's dx sdk. Either way, he got the dx9 error message, and it went away after installing the newer runtime.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:17:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:17:37