Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 06:57
I'm new to Dark Physics and I was going to crack open the beach.x vehicle mesh that comes with it to have a look. I've tryed Maya and 3DS neither of which can read .x files. I've tryed gamespace which can read .x files but the program crashes when I try to open up that particular mesh even though it will open up other meshes fine.

Can someone recommend a better program for manipulating .x files that I could use to have a look at beach.x?

Thanks in advance,

Chad
Codger
Years of Service
User Offline
FrozT

3D Exploration

works well with most 3d formats including .x

hope this helps

Codger

System
PIV 2.8 MZ 512 Mem
FX 5600 256 mem
Redmotion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 22:40
Softimage XSI opens all the TGC .x files perfectly. It especially helps with the dark physics vehicle models because you can see exactly how everything is set up. I've attached a picture of the scheme hierachy for the buggy.x file. Maybe that'll help.

Download a 30 day trial of Softimage XSI from here.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2006 00:00
Milkshape. I used it to make the burned out vehicle shells in my competition game.

Come see the WIP!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:26:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:26:11