Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / fps frame rate

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I'm making game with fps but my problem is that everytime I add a enemy it decrease my frame rate, how to solve this because it can play with 10 frame per minute, and can anyone tell how is the best frame rate that fps can performe. And another thing is that every another game engine has that don't calculate all level but only what camera see is that possible to do with fps.

Thank you very much in advance

People don't fail they stop trying ...
bdgbdg
Years of Service
User Offline
Best Frame rate = 33 fps

Use the latest 1.04 RC3, don't make large rooms or outsides, don't use too many entities...

Project FPS - 71%
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2006 01:19
Check out my guide for game making tips (see sig)

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2006 18:24
Using trigger zones to spawn enemies and other dynamic entities is a good way to improve frame-rate. Actually I think theres something about that in Nickydudes guide...

You don't have to be insane to answer my questions, but it helps

visit www.gameshell.tk
phil17
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah FPSC does have some limitations when frame rates are concerned. But all the devolpers here have learned to work around it, dont let it put you off. Also look @ the above guide.

When I step into this library, I cannot understand why I ever step out of it.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 11:38
But don't use 1.04 RC3 that will slow down your games. Use build 1.04RC2 that's the best build for now.

Also there's a lot of information on this forum on how to build levels, try to search and read up on it.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 12:40
Quote: "Using trigger zones to spawn enemies and other dynamic entities is a good way to improve frame-rate."

Trigger zones can also slow your game down as well.
There are some other scripts you can give the animated security camera or any dynamic entity that can spawn enemies and they might work better for you than a trigger zone.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 21:16:24
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 21:16:24