Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Viewport and VB Express

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2006 18:27
Hi, all!
How can I use ZKATBIT's DBWindowControl.dll with VB Express, knowing that VB Express has an IDE that's different from VB.NET's?
Namely, how can I define DBWindowControl.dll as a control in a VB Express project?
Thanks,
Thierry
ZKAT8IT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2006 22:34 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2006 22:35
Hi thierry st malo. To use the DBWindowControl.dll, all you need to do is go into design view. Then rightclick on the control list where all of the other controls are ( ie: Button, Label, TextBox, etc... ) and a menu should appear. Select "Choose Items...". A dialog box will appear, make sure you're on the ".Net Framework Component's" tab ( you should see a list of components ). Hit the browse button, and browse for my DBWindowControl.dll and open it. It should now appear in the ".Net Framework Component's" list and checked. If it's not checked, then check it. Hit "OK". The control should now be in the list of controls on with your Buttons, Textbox, Labels, Etc.. Just simply click the control and draw it onto the form now. After you've added the control to the form. All you need to do is call the function DBViewport1.Initialize(Height,Width,Depth) after the DGDK.Initialize function. Height, Width, Depth being the screen resolution you want for the viewport.

Note: Standard Keyboard and Mouse input from DBP will not work properly, so use the KeyPress/MouseClick events from the control.

Heres an example project using the control ( VB.Net 2003). Though it should upgrade to Express ( 2005 ) just fine.
http://www.virtualdarkarts.com/ftp/Misc/DGDK_Net_Window_Example.zip

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120
lwatson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2006 03:55
Actually

In VB Express the toolbars allow you to just drag and drop control DLLS onto their surface and you get an Icon for the control.

So Just locate where the dlls is that you want to have in your toolbar with all the other form controls and drag it from the explorer window onto the toolbar and it should have its icon added to the toolbar itself. I Downloaded VB express and tried it with a number of custom Winforms controls I have written over the years and it works as advertised in the express environments.

Lonnie Allen Watson
rmag.blogspot.com (blog)
ZKAT8IT
Years of Service
User Offline
lwatson: You can do that? Didn't know. I'll have to try sometime. Then again I don't use 2005/Express. Doesn't really add any features I need or use so I'm not bothering with it for now.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2006 23:31
drag and drop controls onto the tools tabs sounds cool, I didnt know I can do that (I dont use express I use 2005 Pro) I'll have to try it out with one of my custom controls. Ususally I just add the dll to the toolbox by using the list and browsing to it, then it adds the clickable item there. Drag and drop sounds way more slick

thanks for the tip

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2006 00:15
ROFL! I didn't know you could do that either.... What a drag.

Paul.

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2006 14:38
Quote: "what a drag"

wah wah waaaah

thierry st malo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 08:36
Special thanks to ZKATBIT and LWATSON. IT WORKS!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 04:29:39
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 04:29:39