Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Two Things I'd Like to Do In Games...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, there's two things I'd really like to do for two separate projects.

The first is a type of "rage meter". Like, if you collect a certain type of item, it goes up. When it's full, your speed is increased and the damage you take is lessened. This would require a HUD display and would reset in every level.

The second is a hidden counter that counts the number of, again, a certain type of item. But instead of stopping at the end of the level, it goes through the entire game. If the counter reaches a specific number, you automatically get a game over.

I would imagine these are possible through DB Pro, but are either of these two events possible through FPSC?

Formerly JMC...
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2006 10:08
Given the fact that Candles has come up with the hazmat suit and Butter fingers has come up with the visual damage system the rage meter is indeed possible.
I don't know about the other one.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2006 13:18
ok, so you'd have it so that each time you collect the item the script increases by one state:

State=0,plrtake=1:state=1
State=1,plrtake=1:state=2
State=2,plrtake=1:state=3

and so on. When you have reached the set number of pickups the script would then say:

state=10,plrtake=1:state=11
state=11:plraddhealth=1,

Unfortunately, there is no way to increase player speed or damage through FPI scripting. You could set it so that at state=11 a hud is displayed that makes the screen all "rage mode". But you're going to have to be more creative with the effects of rage mode, as speed and damage cannot be effected.

Hope that helps a little.

And cheers for the mention fred.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 21:19:02
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 21:19:02