Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Deploying a DGDK.Net applications

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2006 22:33
Other than making sure that the target platform has the correct version of DirectX and the appropriate .NET framework installed,

What do I have to do to get my .Net application to deploy to a fresh machine that does not have the DGDK.Net development environment installed on it. In other words to get a DGDK.NET runtime environment for my Applications...

I thought I had found it in the forums someplace already but that was before I found the bookmarking feature and for the life of me I cannot find it again, so yell at me if you want but can someone point me there

Lonnie Allen Watson
rmag.blogspot.com (blog)
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2006 23:15
lwatson, all you need to do, is to ensure that your end user runs the DGDKSetup.exe file that's found in the 'Redist' folder of the installation folder for DGDK.NET. This will install the appropriate runtime component onto the user's computer with the prerequisite files. After that, all you need to do is to either distribute your application's bin folder, i.e. the EXE, the Interop DLLs that are created, and any media files required by your application.

DGDKSetup.exe is documented in the help files under the tools section, how to call it with optional arguments and a description of what the application is for.

Paul.

lwatson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 01:52
But I did that earlier today on a test machine and it complained about finding the DGDK.DLL.

I thought I had read that the redist's DGDKSetup.EXE was what I needed to execute When I do that on my clean XP system I got an error about it being unable to find the DGDK.DLL.

Is it possible the the DirectX9 on that rig was old and prevented the DGDK.DLL com object from registering...

The Library was in the system32 dir after the error...

Lonnie Allen Watson
rmag.blogspot.com (blog)
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 02:21
That's interesting... Which version of DX is installed, because at a minimum, it has to be the August 2006 edition.

Paul.

lwatson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 02:27
I am not at work ATM but will check in the AM here (GMT-5). If I get it to fail again I'll go get the Latest DX9 and try that first...

Thanks for the info...

Lonnie Allen Watson
rmag.blogspot.com (blog)
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 09:00
No problem

Paul.

lwatson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 15:51
That was it...

Apparently.. If you have an old DX9 in place ( Like February 06 perhaps ), and you attempt to run the Redistributable DGDK setup application, you get an error about not finding the DGDK.DLL yet the setup will place it in the windows/system32 directory. (Its likely not registered correctly).

So I DL'd INNO SETUP COMPILER and crafted a setup application that encapsulates the Oct DX9 and the 2.0 Net framework and my application. (No harm running them on a machine that already has the correct bits)

Kudos to you folks making the setup of the library a snap provided you have the right other bits in place (certainly nothing that TGC has control over)

Thanks again...

Lonnie Allen Watson
rmag.blogspot.com (blog)
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 16:18
Glad that you managed to resolve the problem

Paul.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 04:22:29