Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK.NET Upgrade

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 04:42
Should I wait on an upgrade for the newest version of DarkGDK.NET.
Does it do everything right to make a game with? Will there be things that the GDK will set me back from making a game. I really don't want to screw up and buy this and I can't make a game with it. Somebody said in this forum that there needs to be a trail. It would be worth it to get a free trail to test it before you buy it.

G4G
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2006 15:37
To be perfectly honest, I've yet to hit any problems with my project. I'm also spending a lot of time writing VB code for the main part of the engine. I have quite a way to go before I get heavily into the 3d Parts. I'm not sure how far other people have got with stuff, but what ever problems I may encounter, I've 101 other things more to get on with, and actually finding ways round issues that have cropped up in the past (With DBPro) I found better ways of doing stuff anyway without hitting problems.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
Niels Henriksen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2006 17:51
I think there will be enough to play with right now. But as jasku says, then work with other part of the game....

--
Niels Henriksen
Working on a RPG right now

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:18:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:18:03