Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Shrinking FPSC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 06:18
Yeah, I knew this was a bad idea from the beginning... but I still did it. Actually, I managed to shrink it down to 175MB without losing a large amount of data... (Accidentally deleted a few textures... but I'll figure it out) The issue that arizes is that FPSC complains when it can't find certain files, and I was curious if anyone knew, specifically, what these files were.

Also, where is the FPSC location data recorded? If I move the folder FPSCreator.exe can not find FPSC-MapEditor.exe (loads fine though).

(And to the first person who CLAIMS this is a bug report. Bug Reports involve an existing problem within the unadulterated structure of the program. I massivly changed aspects of the program, therefore can not submit a report of the program being flawed. I broke it.

I am merly hoping someone as insane as I knows what I seek.

Wisemen are hard to find, they are tarnished by sayings and quotes that are not of their true nature.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 06:38
Quote: "Also, where is the FPSC location data recorded? "

Wouldn't the root be saved in the registry?

Not sure if I am following you, so ignore this if my response sounds ignorant.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 07:57
userdetails.ini
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 08:26 Edited at: 5th Dec 2006 08:41
Setup.ini has some reference to folders also, if you change userdetails.ini you need to change setup.ini also, otherwise building games will become a problem.

Quote: "The issue that arizes is that FPSC complains when it can't find certain files, and I was curious if anyone knew, specifically, what these files were."

I've had the same problem as well. Here's how I solved it.

1. Copy your original modified FPSC to a different folder
2. Repair FPSC.
3. Move the repaired version to a different location.
4. Copy your original modified FPSC back.
5. Now start moving missing files from the repaired version to the modified version.

You could also install a second version of FPSC and move files around, but that may cause uninstall problems. The way I did it only creates one uninstall file.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 10:15 Edited at: 5th Dec 2006 10:21
I did a registry scan and edited the usersdetail.ini (that... did nothing). I guess I can install it again, but it is just so bothersome to type the user-info back in. Better then having to restart the program every time I build or test game. (And I do still need to locate those missing textures...)

I mean, it is obvious that things like the .x files are un-needed (only the .dbo) and I have a general 'preference' to some models over others... But even beyond the models, FPSC seems to jam in so much media that I potentially never touch. If I want something specific I can install that (I do have a backup dvd of FPSC with a few mod packs already installed).

Wisemen are hard to find, they are tarnished by sayings and quotes that are not of their true nature.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 21:18:06
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 21:18:06