Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / helps with animations!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
do I have a model of a lively flag, as I do to execute this animation? and which the name of a normal character's frames. Thank you!

knowledge, spread this virus.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 19:58
Quote: "do I have a model of a lively flag, as I do to execute this animation?"

You would probably be better off making it as a decal rather than a model to prevent slowing things down.
Each character's animations are defined in the charcter's FPE file, which is usually in the same folder as their X file.
You would call the animations using the animate=x action in their FPI file.
The FPI files are found in the scriptbank.

Quote: "and which the name of a normal character's frames."

Each character's animations are defined in the charcter's FPE file, which is usually in the same folder as their X file.

The list of animations for the action animate=x is listed on page 88 of the PDF manual.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Claudio Pr0gr4mm3r
Years of Service
User Offline
please friends Conjured Entertainment , I still didn't get to encourage my model, I already read the manual and I didn't see practical, I just want simply to do a model to encourage, please somebody catches the model and try to do that for me, because I am already discouraged. the model possesses 55 frames, and they call themselves idle just want to put in FPSC and to do him to rotate, to be in in loop for the frames, the manual is obscure and no practical, I already looked at the codes of the scriptbank however I am still without understanding, I am Brazilian and I am using at little time FPSC, it exists little material for the Brazilians, I promise that as soon as I learn more I help to all here. Thank you!

knowledge, spread this virus.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 00:52
This belongs perhaps in the script forum however I will leave it here for the time being.

Anyway you dont necessarily need to use a complicated script or specify animation frames just to call en entity animation to activation unless it has many different frame sets to choose from as is the case with a rigged Character.

Simple animated entities should require no bones or complicated rigging to function inside FPSC.

Claudio Pr0gr4mm3r

As you do not say I do not know what behaviour you require from your entity or if it is not perfroming as you require.

I have a script used quite a while back for activating a simple animated entity. I used it to start and stop rotation of helicopter blades and it works on player proximity so if you open the file in notepad you can change the players proximity settings if you wish.

The script is attached for anyone who wants to use it and may find it useful for specific scenarios. Its called activate_any.fpi

I have not used it for so long I cant even say its the correct one and have not tried it again now so I hope it is.

Anyway anyone that wants it could keep it for future ref remembering what its used for - activation of any entity on player proximity. Use it as an entities main script.

If it dont work for you then play about with it and it will as its on the right lines and off hand looks good to me. You may have to enter frame numbers - i.e. start and end frames or divide the total number by half or even double it. I cant remember the exact settings I used previously as I no longer have it functioning in use at the moment but did. I would try it as it is first and see what happens. Back it up before altering any settings.

If it dont work and you cant get it to then bin it - I tried.

Good luck.

"I am and forever will be your friend"

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 02:31 Edited at: 7th Dec 2006 02:33
Flag?

That looks like a fan blade.
After seeing the texture, I would think maybe a windmill on a 1800's era water pump.

Unfortunately, animations are my weakest area.
I wish I could be of more help to you, but I can't.

Uman is a good guy and hopefully his advice can help you get this working.

Good luck Claudio

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 08:51
Its like a second Johny English...

AE

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2006 03:14
Quote: "do I have a model of a lively flag, as I do to execute this animation? and which the name of a normal character's frames. Thank you!"

check your translator, it seems to be malfunctioning.

Get my Mega Segment Pack for free, be one of the first 5 to post

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 21:26:06
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 21:26:06