Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How to trigger a message?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
First off let me say that I am new to FPSC and new to these forums so I am not too sure on what forum this belongs in, so Mods please move this if I picked the wrong forum. I have tried to use the search bar for this but frankly, I didn't know what to search for. So here is what I would like to do.

I want to make the player step on the ( I guess this is how you would do it ) trigger marker. When you step on it, a message appears on the screen, Like a mission breifing. Could you just make the image in photoshop and set it to open that image on the screen? Or would you need to script it to say that? I am really confused on how to do this and and help would be greatly appreiciated.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2006 05:35 Edited at: 6th Dec 2006 05:50
Welcome to the forums...

Search the word "HUD"

Also make sure you READ THE PDF MANUAL, because it covers all the basics like this.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2006 07:11 Edited at: 6th Dec 2006 07:17
Do a search for Signs IV... it does cost money (but not much) and it can make all the files you need to do this and is really easy to use... It does so much more and it is a definite must have app to go with FPSC....

here is the link to the Signs IV website http://www.fpsconline.com/ you can download a demo version to see if it suits your needs

'Dawn of the Fallen Angel' coming soon(ish)...
JakeThief
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you both very much.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 21:25:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 21:25:03