Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Run Time Error 105?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am recieving an error message when I attempt to build or test a game. It says: "Runtime Error 105: File Does Not Exist At Line 18204" The thing is, it was working yesterday and I didn't change anything. What could have caused this?

LIFE: "That thing that happens to us when we are too young to die"
~V.J.C. 2003
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 6th Dec 2006 15:43 Edited at: 6th Dec 2006 15:44
This type of error is normally caused by:

1. An object (not stock) that FPSC cannot deal with or find a file related to.

2. Something that has been removed or otherwise deleted from the game or program folders.

If it was working yesterday, that means that yesterday the program could find the file, and today it can't. If you are sure that you have not made any changes or deleted anything, then I don't have a clue what the problem could be.

Best.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Cruise McClarren
Years of Service
User Offline
The only thing I did was copy a single file from my laptop to my desktop. It was a single .fpm file. Then when I loaded the map, it said some files were missing. So I deleted that map and started over. And that's when I started getting the error message. I am reinstalling everything and starting from scratch. We shall see if that fixes it.

~V.J.C. 2003
Cruise McClarren
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I reinstalled everything and it works fine........ until......I load a character entity into the map. Then I get that same run time error. Is there some way to overcome this?

~V.J.C. 2003
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 6th Dec 2006 17:50 Edited at: 6th Dec 2006 17:52
If you have not already done so, uninstall any update patches from the Add/Remove Programs Dialog. Then uninstall the program and then manually delete the "The Game Creators" folder from Program Files and try to reinstall again.

Best.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Cruise McClarren
Years of Service
User Offline
got it to work. thanks

~V.J.C. 2003

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 21:18:38
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 21:18:38