Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Making a vehicle go in reverse...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2006 23:29
Got to admit, I'm stumped.

How do I make a vehicle go in reverse? The most objious command is phy set vehicle motor force, but that takes a value >=0. The wheel direct makes no difference.

I've got to be missing something obvious here, but I just can't see it. Any pointers?
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 09:01
Taken from the vehicle Arena example/demo:

As you said, you need to apply the force using phy set vehicle motor force. For the wheels you use phy set vehicle wheel multiplier to rotate the wheel, with a positive integer for forward and negative for reverse.

By any chance, are you setting up the vehicle as automatic. If this is the case, then you need to switch it off, as there is no reversing.

Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog.
neilo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 11:05 Edited at: 7th Dec 2006 13:00
Bingo!

Thanks, mate

Edit:
Holy smoke!

Auto drive was on, too. But now, I've got a little car driving around on screen, controlled by a steering wheel
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 16:24
Glad that it worked!

Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 16:31:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 16:31:10