Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / The darkpro handbooks worth getting for DGDK.NET use?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 15:37
i thinking of buying the 2 handbooks. the thing is will they be any good to me using DGDK.NET?
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 16:23
The books are in general, very good for describing various techniques and methods of using the different classes of functions provided in DarkBASIC Professional, and if you know what the functions are in DBP, relating them to the DGDK.NET functions are very easy since the names are virtually the same.

Even though the books are geared towards DBP, you may find it in your interests as a source of information in general for all of TGCs product lines, i.e. DarkBASIC Professional, DarkGameSDK (C++ version) & DGDK.NET.

Paul.

enablerbr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 16:31
in that case i'll buy them. thanks yet again.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 19:17
just remember that using the DGDK.NET you will be coding in oop, and not procedural basic like dbp, so any code examples or overall program structure from dbp is not really applicable in say C# or VB.NET

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 19:42
A good point

Paul.

enablerbr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2006 10:19
well the books turned up today. talk about huge and heavy. i just hope the content is as heavy on my mind.
Steve Sharkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Let me know how you get on with the books - I don't need a tutorial on how to program but there is little/no help provided by the help file with the SDK to actually work out what any of these new (to a seasoned .NET programmer who has never seen DarkBASIC before) commands do.

Steve Sharkey

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:16:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:16:27