Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Hole in models

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2006 09:57
I've had this happen a few times. What you are seeing, the pale green squares, inside the red square is actually a transparency in the model. What's odd is the texture is actually overshooting the model's surface on the map so there are no gaps, hard black or white, and it's a 24 bit texture so there is no transparency. Not sure how to get rid of this? I did a similar tombstone with a rounded top and it was fine. The issue seems to be in the texture. Guess I'll try resaving the texture but I'm curious what causes this?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
not sure but I do remember somewhere that true black RGB 0,0,0 is transparent in FPSC dunno if this helps nice textures though

Thanks
Adam
Belseth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2006 17:24
Thanks possible that a row of pixels slipped into true black. I didn't remember using true black but I might have. Generally I grab a color from the shadows and tweak to within 5% oe 10% of black for darkening.

I'll check that out, thanks.
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2006 22:44
Yep, true black 0,0,0 is the colour FPSC recognises to make those pixels transparent.

Belseth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2006 22:50
The weird part it isn't always true black. The pixels that were driving me nuts weren't even that dark, maybe 75% gray. I have found when I use Signs to make windows I need to muddly, drop the contrast, the reference image first then add back some darkness. The contrast is lowered in the game engine so the change isn't noticeable but it avoids the holes.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 23:24:02
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 23:24:02