Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / The given order...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2006 15:32
Hi all,

Im' unfortunately at witt's ends here on trying to get FPS Creator
updated to show the SAVE/LOAD options. The following is exactly what I did Step by Step in this order with hope that I would obtain the SAVE/LOAD options but without any luck. Here's the steps I followed:

Installed FPSCreatorV1
Installed FPS Creator Model Pack#1
Installed FPSC_104_RC3

The end results are... Still showing V1, And NO SAVE/LOAD options even in the build menu clicking on the 'NEW' button and entering a new name and then compiling into a game. I have at least 3 levels in the compiled game. But still no SAVE/LOAD options at all!! What is the exact files needed in order to obtain the SAVE/LOAD options in my games? Any help would be greatly appreciated guys thank you!

Please list the files in the exact order if you reply please..
Thanks again!

Best Regards,

DoctorWho...
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
make sure you have definatly uninstalled your FPSC first and manually removed the folder (after backing up your work)then try the steps you just described it works for me but im using V1.03 so yeah... and its the map editor exe and the fpsc game exe that are updated so you need these which come with the patch if you still have problems contact TGC technical support

Thanks
Adam
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2006 00:24
What for RC4, the save/load option don't show up at the build menu in RC3, but they will be back in RC4.

The best thing is to install RC2, that's the safest and most stable update until now, but if you wait a few days, RC4 will be released.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
DrWho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2006 09:11 Edited at: 10th Dec 2006 09:17
Ok, So in truth as of right now and all... The SAVE/LOAD option really isn't stable nor available at this point in time then, Correct? If that is so... It will save me alot of time posting threads & messages about what im' doing wrong here with FPSC.
I'll just check back here on a daily basis to watch for when the new and complete update of RC4 then. Thank's for your input guys.

Best Regards,

DoctorWho...
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2006 09:27
I know you are timelordish (okay, bad joke)... but please speak in complete and coherant sentences...

Quote: "The SAVE/LOAD option really isn't stable nor available at this point in time then, Correct? If that is so... It will save me alot of time posting threads & messages about what im' doing wrong here with FPSC."

Your 'quote' goes around the rules of grammar, there are nouns, verbs, and all, but your central topic seems to be hidden inside. A type of metadialogue, except instead of hiding a meaning in your words, your words shroud your intended meaning. Rather the revealing what you mean, you have perplexuated me, giving me a feeling of incompleteness... as if you are saying something more that I just can't see. (Kinda reminds me of myself ;P)

Either Way, save load IS stable (but does funky things due to physics and other 'interactions') and does work... but RC2 is said to be more stable because it is said to be 'faster'. Ask Uman for his opinion... he always has something interesting to say... especally with SLIs (Serious Lag Issue)s.

If you fear speaking for yourself, make use the words of others while discovering your own voice.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2006 11:02
As Les Horribres stated save/load in RC2 is pretty stable, but there are some bugs. Lee promised, that those bugs will be sorted out in RC4, so it's best to wait for RC4.

the main problem with the save/load is physics and objectives. If you do use multiple objectives for your game, save/load is worthles at the moment it doesn't keep track of the completed objectives. RC4 should take care of this one also.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
DrWho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2006 13:59
My grammer & writing skills aren't important to me here as I have enough simple grammer & writing skills to get my questions out and get them addressed. My grammer & writing skills have always sucked big time! Anyways though, I'll just patiently wait until' lee is finished with the RC4 update which I will get at a later time then.
Thanks anyways everyone..

Best Regards,

DoctorWho...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 23:22:31
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 23:22:31