Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Multiplayer Characters

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2006 04:51
I know I will probably get flamed to death for asking this but oh well. I made a simple arena, and when i test it the player starts fine. But then i build the exe and run that and it gives me a choice of Colonel X character. That must be the default, even though i have put two SS Officer entities in the starting points. Before you bark at me telling to read the manual could you please give me an idea of which chapter to read because the arena chapter did not tell me about characters. Once again im sorry for posting something very obvious, just please take it with a grain of salt, thanks.

Dude
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2006 09:32
Read the manual...
Then inform me of the solution. ;|

Try deleting one SS officer (possible name confusion... but only 30% certainty).

If you fear speaking for yourself, make use the words of others while discovering your own voice.
the chode
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2006 10:14
well i read through the multiplayer deathmatch chapter for the third time, only thing different i did was select spawn from default marker. also i deleted on ss officer and chnaged it to unarmed skeleton. i still end up with a sci-fi room with no doors, and a shotgun in the middle.

The Dude abides.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2006 10:36
Quote: " i still end up with a sci-fi room with no doors, and a shotgun in the middle."

Why didn't you say so? The solution is EASY! Read the manual :0.

Actually, you need to select build game, level settings, and change the map selected in that screen.

If you fear speaking for yourself, make use the words of others while discovering your own voice.
the chode
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2006 23:33
Oh I see now, what an obvious mistake. Its a shame though how horribly laggy it is. Then again they hopefully will upgrade that in future versions. Thank you.

The Dude abides.
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2006 23:58 Edited at: 12th Dec 2006 23:59
thats called your internet connection, level desgin skills and or average joe pc, iv played my ww2 arena with 8 players online bearly any lag at all, iv seen worse games of counter strike with us lot all playing but i do agree it drains more bandwidth than it should for the features it has

Thanks
Adam
the chode
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2006 04:21
hmm well i have a decent enough connection/rig so i must have made my map far to big or too many entities

The Dude abides.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 23:31:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 23:31:14