Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Im sorry i dont have enough time to read about all this for now, but i have some questions that make me really curious.

About dark a.i and dark physics? do they get along ? i mean, can i use dark physics for collisions and still use d.a.i with it ? for making a solid game?

and about d.physics, does it works in any pc ? and when i distribut my game, do people have to install additional drivers to play them ? can it be done automaticly all in once ? how ?

Thanks

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120....
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2006 15:52 Edited at: 10th Dec 2006 15:53
1. DP and Dark AI get along just fine. I used them both in my Dark Physics compo entry.

Every loop, I push the character controller toward the Dark AI position, the entire distance. Now, because of the physics, they won't always end up the same. You are supposed to reset the Dark AI position every loop with the new position of the character controller. There is a problem with this at the moment.

[Dark AI + Dark Physics] Interaction bug

The issue is that every time you reset the AI position, the AI action changes to 'Stopped'. They'll never attack because of this.

So, what I do is update the AI position only if the distance between the AI position and the character controller is greater than 60, which is the height of the model.

It's a work around, and is hopefully fixed soon, but it works great anyway.

2. For people to play a Dark Physics game, they need the drivers. You should probably package them in an installer for the average user, downloading additional drivers is usually too much trouble.

Come see the WIP!
Supremacy
Years of Service
User Offline
And what about that problem with the directx dll that missing, ive heard you cannot distribut it, only the full runtime environment, wich is 20mgb+

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2006 17:07
Well, they need the latest DX drivers. This isn't a problem, just a necessity.

Come see the WIP!
Supremacy
Years of Service
User Offline
but they dont come with directx 9 distribution and most people dont have them.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:21:09
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:21:09