Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / [Newton 1.32 + DBPro 1.063] Representing force and camera orientation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2006 02:51
I'm trying to add a force that will push a sphere forward (On X and Z axis's) from the camera view. So no matter what y angle the camera is, the sphere will roll directly away from camera.

A rough example:

I'm no good at math, so any help will be greatly appreciated! If I'm not clear, I'll try better to explain myself.
ico
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2006 06:45
nvm I figured it out. For anyone who has a similar problem later, what worked for me was
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 19:08
Hi ico-

Glad you figured it out for yourself. I wouldn't use SetVelocity, though. It's better to use forces. And to roll a sphere, nothing is better than using the omega commands. Although I've heard of people using the torque commands as well. An old tutorial example (#1) from Walaber's wrapper did this but alas it is gone.

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-28 03:11:41
Your offset time is: 2024-06-28 03:11:41