Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Urlforce's Wacky FPSC Ideas with startup guides

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So tired of the usual shoot 'em up, try one of these ideas, if you have a couple you can add them on to this thread too.

1. Outdoors man game- hunting ducks, pheasants, deer lions etc. It's simple, get animal models, or model them yourself, then animate them, create the entity in FPSCs creator as a character, edit the FPE and set the animations up with the ones you made. Then set up the field/hunting area. A really cool effect here is to use PS or what ever and make wheat or grass with alpha channels where there should be space between the stems etc. Then remake scifi's fake wall in the entity maker and turn off collision. Then get tree models or hill models (for background or use a skycube texture) and set up your field, forest etc and when you set up your animals use way points so the move around, and for birds use waypoints that go up layers so it looks like they fly up. You can even set triggers so when you walk through through the brush you scare them up. As for scoring you can turn your health in to a score system by decrementing your health by a amount (if your health is going to be 100 and you want 10 birds the kill limit you decrement by 10) everytime you kill a animal by editing their death script. You can even change the damage hud so everytime you shoot a bird you get a "Good Shot!" hud pop up. And as for audio, just change the hurt sound to a "Good Shot!" recording. So you're probably thinking, no what about the death sequence, you get to 0 health by killing birds and then what? Well thats simple too. You setup the player start in a club house with 3 or more doors, 1 for each field (you can set a teleport on the door). So when you get the kill limit you decided on you automatically return to the clubhouse to head to the next field.

2. WWII parachuting in idea: this is VERY simple. Just model the top of the parachute, grab a WWII plane model to parachute out of, set up your level you wish to parachute into, and then go up say 5 or 6 layers, placing the player start and the parachute above him, then set up the parachute with a plyrfollow script. Go up a few layers, 1 or 2 and place your plane, setting up the low gravity script for its start script and then set waypoints for it to fly on. For it's death script customize it so with it gets far away from the player it is destroyed.
BE SURE TO TURN OFF FALLING DAMAGE!!

These are just a few ideas I had, I have tested parts of them (the hunting one for sure works 100%) (WWII one should if you do it right)

I know I'm not the only one with ideas like these, so this thread is open for everyone to share.

He said, "You drink when you're lonely." No I drink when I want!
He said, "You'll never be sober." Sure. Why would I want that?
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh cmon people I know this isn't a psych ward but I know some of you have crazy ideas for FPSC. Either discuss the ones I put up, or post your own. FPSC is able to do mass amounts of differen games, the only thing limiting it is you, the end user.

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2006 23:50 Edited at: 11th Dec 2006 23:52
I'm working on a crazy idea for FPSC, but it's for the competition, so no spilling the beans at the moment

Also check the last 2 competitions, there were some crazy and excellent ideas entered.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
So did anyone find this thread interesting?

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2006 01:51
yeah, i liked the parachute one.

"these shoes are 300 hundred dollars"-Shoes by Kelly http://smallgroup.be/
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, now that butters has that rotating firing gun you could totally set up anti aircraft.

Soldiers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 18:11
plz could someone tell me where i can find a parachute and a plane for free,

please tell me, i will be very grateful.

Sorry my english is not good.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 23:24:22
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 23:24:22