Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Some Questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 09:21
Hi
ok i got some questions that have probably been posted but not quite the same

1. I Built a game and then i go to build it, but it doesnt work.
it either stops responing(u cant exit the build game menu)before i click build game, or it doesnt get past "Creating Lightmaps". And yes it isnt working, i left pc for 24 hours and it didnt fin, and in 'FPS Creator\Files\levelbank\testlevel\lightmaps' it doesnt make a single file. im not sure i have to re-install because i only got this on the 13th Dec, and i have the 1.04RC4 patch

2. When i go to test the level it also doesnt work but preview does(i think)

3.is it possible to make/code a dedicated server?? if so how??

4.i wanna make a sign but i cant buy signsIV, im making a ad for ingame like a sign..i have the image, just not the .X file

5. my friend was making a game and i was playing the exe online and after a few minutes i could not pick up weapons. it said i did but there was nothing in inventory

6. is there any trees/scenery that u can go under trees or walkthrough or near ferns unlike http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=77900&b=24

7. can u use video or gif images that change as the menu background or loading or any of those??

Thanks i think this is it
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 11:37
ok forget about 3 cause u cant....
so instead

3.What is the best Model Pack??

If I Want It, I Want It
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 16:12
No 1. Does this happen all the time? Have you tried small test levels (prefabs for example)? Have you imported any of your own media?

I ask this because I was getting a similar problem, it was bombing out 8 times out of 10 when testing a level with my own media in it, and I couldn't even build a level without and "Error 0 Extra info: 0 0" error! I email Lee and he suggested it could be incompatible media (as I was using some of my own, made with MagicFPS), I rebuilt the level from the ground up and that seems to have eliminated the error.

Try test levels, add bits at a time and test them as you go along, and good luck!

Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 22:10
yes i have my own media, backgrounds and music for loading and main
then when i put the patch on and deleted some lights i get some error like the 1 u said
it is fairly big, and its an arena map

If I Want It, I Want It
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 05:49
ok i made a small map with 3 prefabs, it is arena
i put in 23lights and 1 blue
i also put in 2 people
i changed the main menu and loading background and music and it came up with the error again...not the freezing thing

the background files are both .jpg and the music is .wav
so???

If I Want It, I Want It
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 07:32
i mean 3 lights not 23

this is the error

i also took out my background images and music...still didnt work??
i got model pack 1
and FPS Creator 1.04RC4 do i need a model pack update thing?? if so would that do anything??

oh and i have Ozark Games Model Pack #2 but not using them in the map i dont think

i really want this to work so someone plz help

If I Want It, I Want It

Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 04:47 Edited at: 16th Dec 2006 12:07
i also found something else out
if i make say a 1 prefab room with only 2 AI things to choose from(remember its Multiplayer) and put in 1 light, it wont build that game...says that error

But, if i dont put in a light, it will work

If I Want It, I Want It

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 23:21:41
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 23:21:41